Teaser(Nozomi's thought)

Teaser(Nozomi's thought)

A Chapter by Tsubaki Kuro
"

A look in Nozomi Kishimura's thought. Trigger Warning: References to abuse, mental abuse, and suicide.

"

(Note to Readers: Before you start wondering why this teaser has so many grammatical errors, it’s because one of the symptoms of schizophrenia is that you can’t talk right, well it seems right to the person but not to the rest of the world. So when you read this, just remember that’s how she talks.)   

My name is Nozomi Kishimura. I am a seventeen year out girl who has schizophrenia, which means that I have hallucinations and that I am delusional. I am a very paranoid person for good reasons. I’ve been in a mental institute twice in my lifetime.The first time was when I tried to kill myself and the second was when my parents just got tired of me being around. People treat me as a social outcast because I can’t talk right and I constantly have bruises all over my body and cuts on my wrists. They think that I am emo, but I am not. My inner demons are the ones responsible. I swear it’s true. But no one ever believes me. It’s because no one but me can see them. They punch and slash at me whenever I am alone. I think that there are five of them, the demons. They don’t have names because why the hell would I give them names. One of them is very tall. It is about six feet seven inches. Plus he is really thin, like bony thin. It is the one who verbally abuses me. It calls me bad names and causes me to cry a lot. Another one is a gray snake that is very short. It is as long as an normal sized pen. It may be small, but it is very crafty. He gets into my head and tells me bad stuff, like I should kill myself and that no one in the world will ever love me and similar stuff like that. The third one is a shadow figure. It likes play pranks on me and it causing me to trip and knocks stuff out of my hand. It doesn’t talk though. It just follows me around. The fourth one is a mangled corpse. It is a man that has only one eyeball, which is hanging out of his head. He has no lips so his teeth are constantly showing. His rib cage is showing and his intestines are hanging out of his stomach. He is the one who hits me. He likes to punch and kick me. The last one is a duplicate of me. But she has black hair instead of my blue hair. And her eyes are red. She is the one who cuts me. She uses knife that looks like it’s made of bone. It has weird symbols on it. The good thing is that only one demon can appear at a time, well except for the shadow figure, it follows me everywhere hiding in my shadow. I hate my evil twin the most because she is the one who causes me the most pain. Did I say that I can touch them? If I didn’t, I am sorry. Yeah I can touch them as they can touch me. But I don’t have enough courage to do that, because I don’t want them to hurt me more than they do. I don’t know how much more I can take before I try to kill myself again. It’s so lonely. It’s too lonely. I live in a world that doesn’t care about me and that alienates me. Sometimes I wish that these demons would just kill me, so I wouldn’t have to suffer anymore. God, if you are real, please just give me one friend.


© 2016 Tsubaki Kuro


Author's Note

Tsubaki Kuro
Hope you enjoy this teaser for my seven part story coming soon. Please leave comments so that I can get feedback on what I can approve on.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like this, schizophrenia is a very serious disease that isn't taken very seriously.
In fact most mental illnesses aren't.
My uncle died from it but I never got to meet him.
It's one of the worst illnesses you can have in my opinion
With that said all the demons are very symbolic to who she is and are her own personal demons.

We all have our own demons.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot. I agree with you, schizophrenia is a serious disease that isn't taken very seriously. .. read more



Reviews

I dig this! Hit me up dude

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

7 Years Ago

Thanks. :)
Nicely done. You really brought the character to life. Good job.

Posted 8 Years Ago


All of these demons seem like worthy opponents. I hope she kicks all of their asses.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

So do I. :)
I think you pretty with this bit of insight into the character...especially with the 'fears' and 'demons'. I'm pretty much feeling hooked enough for the coming 'seven-part story'..

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

i'm glad that i got you hooked
haha I love it honestly at the end I was thinking "I will be your friend" haha great job

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Awwww. I'm glad that you felt something from this.
This is really good. I can definitely see this becoming an amazing story. I look forward to reading it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Thank you The Martyr. That doesn't sound right, but that doesn't matter. I hope you enjoy it.
I really like this, schizophrenia is a very serious disease that isn't taken very seriously.
In fact most mental illnesses aren't.
My uncle died from it but I never got to meet him.
It's one of the worst illnesses you can have in my opinion
With that said all the demons are very symbolic to who she is and are her own personal demons.

We all have our own demons.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot. I agree with you, schizophrenia is a serious disease that isn't taken very seriously. .. read more
As always, I deeply apologise if my blunt review offends you. The greatest dishonour I could insult you with would be to lie. However, I do always try to focus on the positive as well as what needs improved. Remember, take on what's useful from my review and throw in the trash what isn't.

Detailed Read Through (If I don't have a lot of time, or the piece is longer than 1000 words, then this part can be not-so-detailed):

[[Note: This section won't be long for this story because I m not going to point out grammar/punctuation errors]]

Give slightly more emphasis to "schizophrenia". Use punctuation to do this. "I am a 17 year old girl....and I have schizophrenia" or put schizophrenia on another line.

"snake that is very short" I feel this feels slightly redundant, because you describe the legnth in the next sentence. And as a description, the second sentences makes more sense anyway.

You've used the word "showing" twice near each other after "his teeth are constantly..." While I realize this is a monologue, try and vary the language slightly.

"blue hair" we now have an anime vibe. If that's what your going for, well done, if it's not, then change the colour to brown or something like that.

Very good last sentence.



Overall Analysis:

I like what you did with this, I like the descriptions of the demons and your general Japanese vibe. And with the last line at the end, you have a very good story teaser here.

But a few things to watch out for:

Your grammar and punctuation isn't actually that bad, but in a few places there are missing words and such, go over and do a good deep comb through and put such missing words in: eg

"she uses knife" to "she uses a knife"

And about the punctuation and grammar point in general...

I get it that a schizophrenic would not really be thinking properly, but the first thing that puts readers, editors, publishers, agents-- anybody-- off, is bad grammar and punctuation. I understand what your trying to do but I think that it will harm your story more than hurt it.

If you can, make the language more informal as well to keep it dialogue like. If she's talking to herself, she'll use words like "she's" and "they think I'm an emo".

But I like the descriptions of the demons and the idea of physical touch. You've left a few unsubscribed, and that would unfold throughout the story. The last line sets the tone for the book as well-- we're all expecting Nozomi to get a friend in our novel here-- and I think that defiantly lifts my spirits about the whole thing. Scrub it up and your on your way to a very interesting piece of work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Thank you. I don't know if I'm publishable material though. But reviewers like you push me into wan.. read more
JCat

8 Years Ago

Lil secret I've learned after two years of editing: NO ONE is publishable...until they work at it. R.. read more
Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

00
o
(That's a shocked face) Wow, that makes me really happy. Thanks a bunch JCat. If.. read more
Ok now I see what you mean, anyway great work and also if you want can I have you review the anime writing I'm trying to figure out.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

Sure thing. I would love to help you out.
I really enjoyed your teaser, it does leave a good bit to the imagination and also offers a sort of scary type of reality to it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

8 Years Ago

It does leave a scary type of reality to it. That's what I am going for. Thank you for your review K.. read more
Kitonic

8 Years Ago

No problem.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

537 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 11, 2016
Last Updated on March 20, 2016


Author

Tsubaki Kuro
Tsubaki Kuro

Ontario, CA



About
I am a college student who likes creating horror and psychological short stories. I am thinking if being a manga story writer when i graduate from college. I love anime and love reading horror storie.. more..

Writing
Update Update

A Story by Tsubaki Kuro



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Armina Armina

A Poem by Emily