Rt(Readable teaser)

Rt(Readable teaser)

A Story by Tsubaki Kuro
"

Fanfiction teaser for the my upcoming book, The Town

"

“We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”

Oscar Wilde

“What is hell? Hell is oneself.

Hell is alone, the other figures in it

Merely projections. There is nothing to escape from

And nothing to escape to. One is always alone.”

T.S. Eliot

“I think hell is something you carry around with you. Not somewhere you go.”

Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 4: Season of Mists

“Hell is just a frame of mind.”

Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonathan Richardson is limping down a foggy dark road. His left pant leg is drenched in blood. He takes in a large breath, tasting the environment's fragrance. The air is filled with the smell of ash, pine trees, and a hint of gasoline. He blows out a large cloud of steam that travels for a while before it evaporates.

He glances backwards to stare at his wrecked black Ford Mustang, which is wrapped around a pine tree. He sighs and looks back in front of him. His glasses slip down his dirty, tired face. He use the back of his right hand to push them back up.In his left hand is a Zippo lighter and in his right hand is a .38 Special revolver. Off in the distance he can see a silhouette of a rectangular road sign. Further down, he can see an outline of a city. He looks down and sees that there are tire tread marks on the road.

They’ve been here. They must be in that city. That’s where they have Maria.’ Jon thinks to himself.

As he closer to the road sign, the smell of ash gets stronger and stronger. The walkie talkie on his belt starts making a loud static noise. Jon stops walking and grabs the walkie talkie and holds it to his ear.

“Hello? Hello? Is someone trying to reach me? Hello?” he frantically asks.

No one replies. The loud white noise gets louder and louder. Jon quickly pulls away the walkie talkie from his ear as a blast of static booms from the walkie talkie.

“.....Jonathan……..Come closer……….Jonathan……...JONATHAN!!”  a deep, but low female voice says through the walkie talkie.

Jon looks at the walkie talkie with wide eyed horror.

Who was that? How did they know my name? What the hell is going on?’ Jon thinks.

Jon snaps his head up when the sound of distant gunshots roar throughout the foggy night. They are coming from up ahead, in the city.His hazel eyes widen and he starts running down the road until he trips over one of his own feet and falls face first onto the pavement. The lighter flies out of his hand and bounces down the road. He quickly gets up and rushes over towards the lighter. He runs his left hand over his light brown hair as he reaches the Zippo. As he picks it up, the sound of gunshots echoed through the air once again.

“Maria. Please be okay. I will find you and save you.” Jon says to himself.

He picks up the lighter and strikes the flint with his thumb and a small but bright flame pops up. He looks towards his right and sees that the sign is just up ahead of him. Jon walks over towards the sign and holds his lighter towards it. It is a dirty green sign with white letters on it. He shivers when he reads it.

Welcome to  

Silent Hill

Jon stares at the sign for a while then starts walking down the road again. As he goes deeper and deeper into the fog, he slowly starts to disappear.The only thing that is visible of him is the faint glow of his lighter. Seconds later, even the glow of the lighter disappears. Through the foggy air, a loud air raid siren whines.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hell is something that we create with our minds. The worst thing about that is that is sometimes we don’t know what is in our minds.”

  • - Jonathan Richardson     

© 2016 Tsubaki Kuro


Author's Note

Tsubaki Kuro
Hope you enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Silent Hill. The fires are still burning, and so is your passage here. Eerie premise - well done, Tsubaki !

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey its been forever since you added something, welcome back! Anyway I enjoyed the silent hill fan fiction and hope to read more, although I really don't have the heart for horror.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tsubaki Kuro

7 Years Ago

Yeah, It's been a long time. I am trying to post more stuff in the next few months

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

465 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2016
Last Updated on August 17, 2016
Tags: Fanfiction, Silent Hill, Teaser

Author

Tsubaki Kuro
Tsubaki Kuro

Ontario, CA



About
I am a college student who likes creating horror and psychological short stories. I am thinking if being a manga story writer when i graduate from college. I love anime and love reading horror storie.. more..

Writing
Update Update

A Story by Tsubaki Kuro