Part 2

Part 2

A Chapter by Tsubaki Kuro

12 Hours Before

            I am sitting on the wooden stairs leading to the front door of the manor, sitting alone and worried. I can see an incoming storm slowly moving up towards the manor, I am guessing it should arrive here in several hours. My stomach feels heavy and my mind is racing. I can surely tell that panic is starting to brew up inside me.

            I am waiting for the doctor to come back from seeing my lovely Rose. He has been in there for a long time. All this waiting is making me anxious. I don’t want anything bad to happen to my Rose, she is all I have. If anything should happen to Rose, I would surely go mad.

            I stand up and start pacing back and forth on the porch of manor, hoping that it would calm down my anxiety. But truth be told, it doesn’t seem like it is. All I can think about is how my Rose is doing, if she is getting better from that unknown sickness, if the doctor found a cure. These thoughts are all making my mind race, hoping that there is an answer for them all.

            I snap my head up when the doctor steps outside from the manor. My pulse races, my stomach turns. I hold in my breath and look at the doctor. He is old man, who has a slightly balding head full of white hair and a face of a blood hound, wrinkled. I can see that he is clenching his brown leather medical bag and isn’t looking me in the eyes.  My heart sinks and a take in a deep breath as I prepare myself for the worst.

            He looks up at me with sad eyes and says, “I have no idea what kind of disease Rose has, I am truly sorry. She is getting worse. She will mostly likely die today, I am deeply sorry that I have to tell you that. Michael, I want you to stay by her side and comfort her. If you drop by my office, I will give you some pain medicine so she won’t die in pain.’

            Time seemed to bear down onto me, because everything seemed to move slowly after receiving that news. The doctor slowly glides down the dirt path to his horse carriage. I can feel my heart shattering; it was being ripped apart piece by piece, slowly, agonizing, and so god damn painful. Why did this have to happen to me, why can’t it be someone else’s fiancé, why the hell did it have to be my Rose?

            As the doctor rides away, I run into the manor, up the oak steps, and into my Rose’s room. There my lovely Rose lies. Her beautiful, long, flowing red hair spread out on the white pillow. Her pale white porcelain like skin, her light blues eyes. She was a red headed angel, yes, an angel indeed.

            I rush to the side of her bed and grab hold of her cold hand, her deathly cold hand. She looks down at me and smiles. That smile crushed my heart, knowing that I will never see her smile ever again. I looked at her nightstand, where a vase of roses rested. They were withering, as if they were connected to my Rose. My beautiful Rose who was withering away from me. I can feel my chest tightening and tightening, until it felt like it was going to implode.  

            Rose told me, “By how fast you ran up here, I am guessing that the doctor told you how long I have to live. I’m okay with it love, so please don’t do anything rash. I’ll always be in your heart.”

            Tears began to flow from my eyes and my vision began to blur. I lost control of my emotions. They came all rushing out. Fear, sorrow, regret, hatred, just every damn emotion. I could not do anything about it, I’ve lost control. All I can do is cry in front of my dying fiancé. Very pathetic of me.

            She began coughing violently and crimson blood began dribbling out of the corner of her mouth. I can feel my soul being ripped apart. Why the hell did this happen to Rose? What the hell has she ever done? Why did this happen to my Rose? Rose wiped her mouth and smiles again at me. I can’t take this.

            I tell her, “You should get some rest love. I’m going to the doctors to get you some medicine. I’ll be back in an hour Rose.”

            The truth was that I wanted to leave this situation. I wanted to flee from these painful emotions. I do not want my Rose to see me dying of heartbreak. She needs not to see her fiancé mentally break down while she is there slowly dying. So I retreated from her bedroom, I retreated from the room that Death was currently hanging around. I had abandoned her, yes, I had abandoned her in her time of need, where Death was lurking around, waiting for her last breath. Ah, yes, this is where I must have upset her. 



© 2017 Tsubaki Kuro


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is amazing. I can feel the heartbreak and the atmosphere of what's going on.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very capturing. That first part had me enthralled immediately. I can't wait to see more.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2017
Last Updated on July 3, 2017


Author

Tsubaki Kuro
Tsubaki Kuro

Ontario, CA



About
I am a college student who likes creating horror and psychological short stories. I am thinking if being a manga story writer when i graduate from college. I love anime and love reading horror storie.. more..

Writing
Update Update

A Story by Tsubaki Kuro