Graduation

Graduation

A Poem by Tsuki Usagi
"

The years have flown by fast, a new one soon to come. The memories made, the fun we've had, will soon come to an end......

"
Graduation
The years have flown by fasta new one soon to come.The memories madethe fun we've had,will soon come to an end.We entered through the doorsall helpless and afraid.And now we will be going outfeeling just the same.We've all had our struggles,our fights and reprimands.But somehow no matter whatwe stuck together in the end.We continue making friends,never really forgetting the old.Going into warm relationships,then sometimes coming out confused and cold.The activities that we entered:Orchestra, band and choir.Academic team, drama, Tsa,chess club, sports, speech and more.All these things left a mark on our souls.I bet you remember the dances.Most of us agree they were a blast.The week of Homecoming excited allThe end of the game coming way to fast.The winter dances were cold but funbut they never could compare to Prom.The preparations that we went throughto beat the Seniors Prom before ours.The excitement of the late night dancethe fun of the After Prom.None of us will ever forgetnot one of us wanting to go home.But unfortunately all things come to an end.The days, the months, the years.We never take for grantedthe short time that we have.Because before we know itwe're sitting in rows with caps and gowns.The walk across the stagewith tears of sadness and joy.None of us really knowing where we will employ.The times for childish things are overit's time for us to be adults.Believe me, I know it sounds scary.Heck, my stomachs doing somersaults.But it's time to go our separate waystime for us to learn even more.The thought of going out on your own,may scare you like never before.But it's ok, we will all do great,the time has come for celebration.Hey, maybe we can all meet upafter our college graduation.

© 2011 Tsuki Usagi


Author's Note

Tsuki Usagi
This has to be the longest poem I've written so far. I wrote this poem a few days before the 2011 Senior class graduated. No this is not my class, but mine is next to go. Even though I'm only a Junior, I already have a massive fear of graduating. In fact it scares me so much I've had nightmares and I cry myself to sleep from it. Building up all this emotional stress I decided to let it out by writing a poem about it. I found this actually helped me. In fact what I wrote made me feel a little better. During this phase though, I may write more poems about graduating until the time comes for me to do so myself. Until then please bear with me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Don't even worry about it, I have friends who have graduated, and they're fine, and they love college, and they have so many new friends. I hope that writing these beautiful poems helps you to let go of some of that emotional stress, so you can concentrate on passing all your classes :)
Wishing you the best of luck,
Jacey

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Don't even worry about it, I have friends who have graduated, and they're fine, and they love college, and they have so many new friends. I hope that writing these beautiful poems helps you to let go of some of that emotional stress, so you can concentrate on passing all your classes :)
Wishing you the best of luck,
Jacey

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 25, 2011
Last Updated on May 25, 2011

Author

Tsuki Usagi
Tsuki Usagi

Boone, IA



About
I'm a girl who's just trying to find her place in life.. more..

Writing