A Tribute to Baby Tristan Isaiah

A Tribute to Baby Tristan Isaiah

A Story by Twilight Dancer
"

A true story.

"

 

Elizabeth and David were happily married and to complete their happiness, they longed for a child.  It was a joyous blessing when Elizabeth announced that she was pregnant in April of this year.  Both parents were dedicated to good prenatal care so that their baby would get the best start in life.  Elizabeth took folic acid prior to becoming pregnant to hopefully avoid nervous system defects in their longed for child.  Once it was confirmed that she was indeed pregnant, she and David went for prenatal visits to the obstetrician according to schedule – blood work, girth measurements, ultrasounds, etc., were performed as with any normal pregnancy.  Elizabeth’s ‘baby bump’ was progressing along and she began to feel the child within her flutter and move….there was a blessed little life growing within her!  She and David loved their unborn child, though not yet seen, but only felt through kicks and turns within Elizabeth’s womb. 

 

A visit to the obstetrician’s office in the second trimester of pregnancy revealed that their beloved child was a boy – his name was to be Tristan Isaiah; this visit also conveyed sad information – their little boy was a dwarf, yet he had normal sized organs.  Elizabeth and David were given the option of terminating the pregnancy because the child’s chances of survival were very dismal.  .  The doctor informed them that should Tristan be carried to term, he would either be stillborn or live only briefly.  Elizabeth and David wanted to continue with the pregnancy – they wanted to enjoy this innocent life within her womb, and give him every ounce of life that God would bless upon him.

 

Tristan Isaiah was carried to term and born by natural childbirth on November 30, 2007.  He was born alive and placed in his mother’s arms, with David embracing both of them.  Tristan only lived a few minutes – long enough to take his first breath of earthly air and then God called this innocent child home to Heaven, where his tiny deformed body was made new, whole, and healthy.

 

Baby Tristan Isaiah was laid to rest on December 2, 2007.  His tiny casket was white with a blue lining.  The pastor spoke of how babies and young children are carried to Heaven on the wings of angels.  Family and friends each held white and blue balloons and at the conclusion of the service, David and Elizabeth released their balloons and other family and friends followed suit.  Tristan went to Heaven through Carolina blue skies over a small rural town.  In his short life, in the womb and on this earth, he touched many lives, taught many lessons, and will not be forgotten.

 

I admire Elizabeth and David for their decision of life over inconvenience and heartbreak.  God’s love is the greatest love of all – we are to love Him with all of our heart, soul, and mind.  I believe the second greatest love is that of parents.  Parents that truly love their children, whether biological, adopted, living or dead, love their children with all of their hearts for all of their days.  These parents love unconditionally – they may not like what their children do or say, but none the less, they love them. 

 

Thank you Heavenly Father for the brief life of Tristan Isaiah – may he run, play, and be happy with You for all eternity.

 

TD 12.4.2007

 

© 2008 Twilight Dancer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very beautiful tribute for a child. You have touched my heart. Thank you. Debileah

Posted 16 Years Ago


Tristan Isaiah had too short a life on earth. With God's help it will be lengthened to forever.
Your praise of his short earthly existence will make many of us more aware of our own lives.
We can share the love that Elizabeth and David gave to him and possibly learn to share more
love with our children. Your words have touched me deeply.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

Twilight Dancer
Twilight Dancer

NC



About
I am the Twilight Dancer & also A Traditional Southern Woman .... I'm very sick and in need of prayers. I am living, yet many pieces of me have died. Judge me not for who you perceive today; Welcom.. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Twilight Dancer