Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by lauren emily

    When we got to the house, sure enough, breakfast was served. And some of Alec's request were there. Eggs, bacon, french toast, and hash browns. He had just gotten lucky today.
    He smiled and took in a big whiff of the air and sighed happily. "Mind if I stay for breakfast, Mrs. M.? My mother is uh..sick. Deathly sick," He shot a look at me and grinned. "With some sort of flu, I think. I've been real careful not to go anywhere near her though. So there's no chance that I have it. Really, I'm sure I don't."
    "Well, I hope she'll be feelin' better soon, but you can stay. You look like you've been at that basketball court again, and you look hungry. Sit down and eat. Both of you." She moved her hand from us to the table.  
    "And Abigail?" My grandma began to ask. She didn't give me a second to answer. "Please inform me before you go down to that court again. I was worried sick!"
    "Alright. But you know if I'm not here then I'm usually there. There's no need to worry." I answered after I was sure she was done speaking.
    "Yes, I know. But it still worries me. I don't like you going out this early in the morning."
    "Yes ma'am." I said quietly. I heard Alec snicker, and I elbowed him in the stomach.
    We sat down quickly and grabbed a plate from the stack that was on the table. There was food everywhere. Eggs were sitting on a white glass plate in the center of the wood table, and there was a bowl of french toast sticks to it's left. Right next to that was a bottle of maple syrup, and to the right of that was a small plate of bacon stacked high. There must have been at least a pound of bacon there. Next to the bacon was a huge plate of hash browns. My favorite, I took the spoon that was set on top and grabbed a huge mess of them and put potatoes on my plate. Next I got two pieces of bacon and about one egg. I looked over at Alec's plate. It had 5 of everything on it.
    "Jeez," I began to say."you sure can work up an appetite." I shoved a piece of bacon in the mouth.
    "Look who's talking!" He motioned toward my plate. It was quite full, I had to admit. We both laughed.
    After we had finished inhaling our breakfast, I walked into the back room which I had taken over. It had all my things in it. Clothes, shoes, basketball things, a dresser, a bed, and a closet with a mirror on  the door. Although the room was the size of a shoe box, it held all my things quite nicely. I went over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of shorts, a blue tank top, and my under garments. I stepped out into the hallway and opened up a cupboard. I reached in and grabbed a red and white towel out of the huge stack. Then I walked a little further down the hallway to the bathroom and set down my things and stepped into the shower.
    
        I felt clean now. My wet hair was brushed and pulled back into a pony tail. All the clothes I had on were clean and smelled of laundry detergent. I was ready to go back and play some more basketball.
    I walked out into the living room to find Alec and my grandma sitting on the couch talking of-none other than-food.
    "Do you mind if we come back for lunch? And by us I mean me. Cause..I'm pretty sure my mother is still feeling sick. And I don't think my dad is going to make lunch. Maybe dinner...I'm not sure. But I think it would be nice if I ate here, you're cooking is always so good Mrs. M." Alec tried to convince my grandma. I rolled my eyes and plopped down on the chair next to the couch.
    "Are we ready to go? Or will you try to make reservations for the next ten years here?" I sighed as Alec showed his crooked smile.
    We said our goodbyes and walked out the front door. We started walking down the sidewalk and toward Travington. We were just chit chatting about the game and how Alec was going to try to sneak every meal he could over here. Not that my grandma would have an abjection toward it; which made me frown.     
    And that's when everything changed. Right in front of our eyes.



© 2008 lauren emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very entertaining. I love the friendship between the two characters but i am sure that will turn into something more as time passes.

The dialoge is really good, and you have good interaction, but once again i must stress the need for detail on the major things. Placement of doors, plates, hamper etc... let the reader decide what it looks like unless it has significance. Add more detail to the way she is speaking and the way her friend speaks. It will make your characters seem more real.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Haha, you would think she would be a little curious, or even worried after he said his mother was deathly sick with the Flu. =] Some spelling errors, but an entertaining piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


great so far. wonderful dialogue. you can really feel the friendship. just watch for spelling errors.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2008


Author

lauren emily
lauren emily

Long Beach, CA



About
Why 'ello there! Thanks for stoppin' by. My name is Lauren (previously my screen name was TwilightReader) and I'm 16. I love writing, good food, fast cars, interesting people, cemeteries, photograp.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..