Final Goodbye

Final Goodbye

A Story by lauren emily
"

Sorry for all the sad stuff lately..But..I got nothin' :/

"
   He looked down at her still form below him. Her hair was like a delicate wave across the light green pillow beneath her head. He could see her chest rise the slightest bit under the blanket which covered her. Near the edge of her bed, one of her feet poked outand he smiled silently to himself. As he looked back to her face, he noticed that all signs of worry and distress which had previously been there were gone; she looked so peaceful, so serene now.
    The feeling of guilt that overwhelmed him now as he thought back on the months of pain he had caused her was too much. Such a fool he had been to let her go; to leave her there without explanation. His mouth twisted down into a tight grimace as he touched her cheek.
   "I'm so sorry.." He whispered, his voice shaking.
   Her reaction surprised him; she sighed and turned her face into his hand and inhaled deeply. "For what?" She breathed, her eyes still closed.
   She spoke the words so clearly, for a moment he thought she might have awoken. But he body was so still, her face still so serene, he dismissed the thought almost instantly.
   "For everything..For not being here, for leaving you, for not saying goodbye properly..I'm so sorry.." He was pleading with her, begging her to forgive him somehow. He reached the hand that was not cupped around her cheek out and touched her lips. "Forgive me. Please.."
  She half smiled and reached her hand up to touch his face. "Shhh, love, shh.."
  He closed his eyes, the feeling of her hand on his face was almost overwhelming. Why couldn't he just stay right here forever? With her, in their own little world. That's all he wanted, for now, and for ever. "I'm sorry.." He couldn't seem to stop himself from apologizing. Those were the only words that escaped his mouth.
  "Shh.." She continued to say. "I forgive you, I do..I do.."
  That was all he needed to hear. He opened his eyes and looked down at her; her lips were twisted up the tiniest bit, her thumb was making small circles on his cheek. He leaned down and hesitated a second before kissing her smile. She responded with an eagerness that almost frightened him, yet he continued to press lips to hers and pull her closer. He moved his hands slowly down her side to her waist and she put both her arms around his neck and softly tugged at his hair.
  They seemed to move as one, and she began to think that maybe this all wasn't just a dream. She pulled away gently and pressed her forehead against his, her eyes opening. "It really is you.." She breathed, a smile now on her lips. She could feel tears filling her eyes. "I love you..Please don't go.."
  "I love you, too.." He paused, brushing the tears on her face away. "But I can't stay, love. I just..I had to say goodbye."
  "Hellos are much better." She tried to smile, but failed miserably.
  He tried to hide the sadness that was clearly on his face. "I love you. Goodbye.." Was all he managed to say.
  "I love you, too. Don't go.." But it was too late, he began to fade before her eyes. She blinked in the darkness, tears filling her eyes again. "Goodbye."













© 2010 lauren emily


Author's Note

lauren emily
Please ignore grammar errors :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

was he ghost?? like in the movie sixth sense??? anyways the story was nice to read, and i loved the way it was described, i was imagining it while reading... Beautiful moments yet sooooo sad!

Posted 14 Years Ago


liked everything but the ending!!!!
a word of advice..try working on the dialogue. Your descriptions are amazing, so try to make your dialogues as good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was pretty interesting.
I loved the ending, though, so dramatic!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 12, 2010
Last Updated on February 12, 2010

Author

lauren emily
lauren emily

Long Beach, CA



About
Why 'ello there! Thanks for stoppin' by. My name is Lauren (previously my screen name was TwilightReader) and I'm 16. I love writing, good food, fast cars, interesting people, cemeteries, photograp.. more..

Writing