When the Sun Sets and the Moon Rises

When the Sun Sets and the Moon Rises

A Story by Ellie Venice
"

Highly unedited. Quick write through.

"
We were watching the sunset together. The yellows and reds blended into the coming night sky. The sea rippled with every heartbeat of the earth. We had sailed out early that morning. I never knew why, but you seemed to know. Then again, I never knew why you did the things you did. We watched the sun say its daily goodbyes. We watched in the middle of that sea. We had come from a land of the past. We knew nothing of our future, yet you seemed so confident in it. We headed towards the sun, chasing its goodbye, never wanting to let it go. With the night, new dangers arose. We were children of the day and land, not of the sea and night. Yet you were always so persistent. When we finally got out of that place, you were so excited. You loved this new adventure. You loved this new mystery. You loved the danger. I remember watching you back then. I was never an enthusiast. I never really liked what you did, but I loved you, and that was enough. At least that's what I had thought. When we were out there, just us and the sea, the moon greeted us. I was terrified. You were excited. The moon gave way to new experiences, memories, and ideas. You were fascinated by by its ability to illuminate the whole sea just as the sun did. The world became calm. The sea rippled less and less as we all watched you in admiration. I still remember your conversation with the moon. Rather i remember the feeling of it. You were mumbling to it while I was trying to find our way back home. You were so set on staying where we were, while I wanted to go back to where we came from. You said something about the moon being a sign of the new things to come. You admired its beauty, as we admired yours. You had no idea of the dangers to come. That night, everything was calm. We watched the sun set. We watched the moon rise. I saw what we didn't have. You saw what we could have.

© 2019 Ellie Venice


Author's Note

Ellie Venice
Yeah sorry if it's bad. It's been a while since I've written. This is kind of just a brain dump.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

10/10 my dude! I really enjoyed it!

Posted 4 Years Ago


I enjoyed the scenic imagery and the use of the second person, which is something I don't see very often in stories. Good Job!

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2019
Last Updated on March 17, 2019
Tags: Random thoughts, unedited, drafts

Author

Ellie Venice
Ellie Venice

Roanoke, VA



About
I am a young writer and still am in grade school. I am in need of some feedback from people who aren't biased because they know me. Most of my stuff is crap but I like to write and have other people r.. more..

Writing
Naturally Naturally

A Story by Ellie Venice


Grey Grey

A Story by Ellie Venice