Finn the Blacksmith

Finn the Blacksmith

A Story by Tyler Call
"

Just a little story I wrote, first one I wrote for here.

"
Finn was a tall man who lived in the forest just outside of the city of Krepton. He was in his late twenties and had a think beard on his chin. But he is dead now, and nothing can change that. And no one will even know of his story, nor will they care.
It all started when he had came home from work early in early December. He was a blacksmith and no one had wanted anything forged in the past few hours, so he decided to go home and surprise his wife, Diana. The door was open to his home and that immediately struck him with fear. His first thought was that his wife had been taken, but what he was about to find was much worse. He found Diana in bed with another man.
Finn was filled with an immense rage, he found his self screaming curse words as the man tried to run past him. Finn grabbed him by the throat and screamed more swears. Diana was screaming for the guards as soon as he touched him and it would not take them long. Finn couldn't hold back the foul demon of rage as he grabbed his longsword off the wall. He struck the man in between the eyes and felt the blood splatter onto him. There was no way out, and he knew this, with sword in hand he ran into the forest.
The first week Finn had spent in the forest had been the most terrible experience of his life. He had not thought about how harsh a winter it had been, and if he did, he wouldn't have weighed his options better. But Finn knew he could not go back after he stayed the first night. With the man's blood on his hands, he would be shot on sight. He was no longer a citizen of the town, he was a child of the forest.
Within a couple of months, life had gotten to a point were the forest felt normal to him. He did not miss the life he had left behind and only looked forward. He had build a small hut in between two trees for shelter. He set this up about an eighth of a mile away from the river as to not be seen by people gathering water. He had also began to dabble in hunting with his sword.
One day Finn was out hunting for food when he saw a very strange fox. He moved in close for the kill, but it did not run, only stared. Finn did not know what to do as he heard the fox begin to whimper. He froze thinking about how terrible he had been. He had been killing creatures like this daily just so he could eat. He felt ashamed. He threw his sword toward the river and looked back at the fox. The fox moved in closer and rubbed against Finn. He petted the creature and the two became inseparable.
The fox, who Finn had named George, had became Finn's best friend. They spent all of the day together and slept the nights away huddling together. George had shown Finn berries that were edible and they soon became Finn's only source of food. George had made Finn a better man in this way, and he was gratefully.
About two years pasted. Finn's friendship with George had not fathered once during this time, but Finn has made new friends. All of the animals in the forest accepted Finn as one of their own and treated him the same. Finn didn't even see himself as a human anymore, just as an animal. He had truly became on with the forest.
Then one day Finn didn't wake up. None of the animals were quite sure of what happened, but they knew he was dead. George snuggled closer to Finn's corpse and just stared. This is all George did until he died of starvation. He was in too much pain to go on living without his best friend, so he wanted to die in his arms. And that is the story of Finn the blacksmith.

© 2014 Tyler Call


Author's Note

Tyler Call
This is my first time writing a short story without the use of dialogue and I am very much looking to be evaluated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, this is kind of a nice story, though sad. You have to proofread it though; I saw several mistakes.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
1 Review
Added on September 7, 2014
Last Updated on September 7, 2014
Tags: Finn

Author

Tyler Call
Tyler Call

Mansfield, OH



About
I'm only 15 now, but I know I want to be a writer. As you can imagine, my skills are a bit lacking. So I joined this conmunity to try and strengthen my ability through writing and observing others wri.. more..




Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5