Re: 129

Re: 129

A Poem by Type0
"

This was something that I had to write last year, in response to one of Shakespeare's sonnet's.

"
Thou art a fool thyself to talk of shun,
And shy away from that which makes you grand.
You play at hunt, yet conquest I am none
To you who doth answer to my command.
Let passion, lust, desire rule our souls!
Let not its power weaken that the head
Can grasp such pureness of hysteric goals.
Fear not, my fool, and come with me to bed.
Savage? Extreme? Rude? Cruel? Not to trust?
Yet I love the way that in me you stand,
With such strong emotion behind each thrust,
And that my flesh explor'd be by thy hand.

Thou art a fool thyself to think to shun
The act that taketh two and maketh one.

© 2008 Type0


Author's Note

Type0
Although this can be enjoyed on its own, it works best having read the original sonnet that this responds to. I think that the tight rhyme scheme drops out after line eight, but after that we weren't marked on it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I would love to read the original sonnet, though you are correct it is definitely a pleasure to read standing on its own. A wonderful piece! I suspect you were graded well on it. Well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think that you are fuckubg well ad cool. you hsoukd ve shakespaere or somtin. Gi team sean!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This was the most nightmarish assignment ever! If I only I had realised how little it meant at the time.
Anywhen that aside I do like this. I think you have managed to respond well to the original sonnet and have managed to do something unique with it. You have accyrately captured all of the emotions associated with love/lust.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2008
Last Updated on September 10, 2008

Author

Type0
Type0

Southampton, United Kingdom



About
// welcome to my world ; I'm an erratic writer; when I manage to get stuff written it's often a tiny part of a bigger expanse in my mind. I've got two expansive worlds in my mind -- a near-future cyb.. more..

Writing
Aftermath Aftermath

A Story by Type0