Chapter 4: Ewa Neverending

Chapter 4: Ewa Neverending

A Chapter by Anonymous

 “Descendant?” said Ewa, quietly.
   “I am the son of the Sixth Spirit, Rainfall,” Realms stated, looking into Ewa’s eyes.
   “How?... Are ye a Bender, then?”
   “No, I am a Half-Spirit. My mother fell in love with Rainfall and bore his son. My father once said that I have a sibling, but my mother didn’t ever have another child. So, I must have a half-sibling, borne from a different woman who also fell in love with my father.”
   “D’ya know who this sibling is, then?” Ewa asked, leaning back in her chair again.
   “No. I’ve never been able to find out,” he mumbled, looking away.
   “Well, how old are ye?”
   “Nineteen.”
   “Nineteen!” Ewa laughed. “That’s about my age. But, Realms, ye look much more mature than that!”
   “I am a sorcerer, after all. I cast a spell on myself to hide my age.”
   “If yer really nineteen, maybe it’s possible that I’m yer sister! How ’bout it, Realms?” Ewa snickered.
   “I suppose it’s possible,” he replied. “But, I suppose anything is possible during these times. Nothing is certain.”
   Realms hung his head, staring blankly down at his feet. Ewa scooted her chair over to his and put a hand on his shoulder, grinning.
   “Everything will make sense when I save the world, eh?” she said, smiling warmer at him. Realms stared at her, appearing deep in thought.
   “You know,” Realms said,“you’re not as bad as I thought you were.”
   Ewa’s ears started to burn as she noticed Realms’ expression.
   “Yer not as much of a snake as I thought ye were, either,” she replied, trying desperately not to begin blushing. Realms leaned in impulsively and pressed his lips onto hers. He wrapped his arms around Ewa’s waist and she returned the affection by putting her arms on his shoulders. She kissed back, giving up the attempt to try not to blush. Realms stopped abruptly and pulled away slightly.
   Ewa realized how stupidly sudden this had all been and looked up at Realms, pushing him away.
   “I’m... Sorry,” Realms muttered. “Something just came over me. I apologize.”
   Ewa just scoffed, smirking and turning away.
   “Well, our training began with a great start, eh?” she said sarcastically, her eyebrow twitching.
   “Ah, well, let’s get b-back to business,” Realms stuttered. “Show me what you can do.”

   Ewa showed Realms nearly everything she could do: she could sense energy with her mind-sight, shoot liquid flames out of her palms, transport small objects across the room, and hover ten feet above the ground for almost two minutes. After exerting every bit of power she had stored, Ewa was collapsed onto the ground with sweat coating her forehead and sticking strands of hair to her skin.
   “I understand that your exertion of power takes a lot of energy out of you,” Realms said. “We’ll work on that.”
   “I think I was just sorta dazed,” Ewa panted, still on the ground, “’cause o’ that little exchange ye shared with me earlier.”
   Realms rolled his eyes. “That was a mistake,” Realms muttered, pacing around Ewa’s limp body, her still laying defeated on the stone floor. “Your energy was just so overpowering.”
   “I always knew I could do somethin’ like that,” Ewa snickered.

   The floor began to shake ever so slightly. Ewa pressed a palm to the floor and honed her mind-sight, hearing metal boots rumbling down the hallways.
   “Eh, Realms. We got company,” she announced, leaping to her feet. Realms eyes flickered to the door and filled with blue blazes of panic.
   “They’ll kill me if they knew you were here.”
   “Well, what do I do?” Ewa demanded.
   “I can hide your presence. I guess it’s a perk of being a sorcerer.”
   Ewa hurried over to Realms and hid behind him; Realms pulled a green cloth off of the table and handed it to her.
   “Put this on, stay close, and hold my hand tight,” Realms whispered. Ewa obeyed. She huddled very close to him, shrouded by the green cloth, and grasped his hand tightly. She could see right through the cloak, as if it were a thin transparent window. Three bulky men in tattered brown tunics and clumsy metal armor broke down the door, lumbering straight over to Realms.
   “Realms!” spat the middle guard, which was the tallest and overall ugliest of the three. He had three teeth missing, and the rest were yellow and rotten.
   “Was breaking down the door really necessary? You have the keys,” Realms said scornfully.
   “What’s the meanin’ of all the filthy hoods runnin’ around the town?” the guard demanded, completely ignoring what Realms had said. “Ye let that runt girl get away last time! The king ain’t happy!”
   “Well, there was nothing I could do about it. She was stronger than the entire castle guard force combined.”
   Ewa surpassed a snicker and kept watching intently.
   “Are ye sayin’ I ain’t as strong as a stupid little girl?”
   “Perhaps I am.”
   The guard roared in a drunken rage, smacking Realms in the face with his hand balled into a bony, fat-fingered fist. The blow was so strong, Ewa saw blood spurt from Realms’ nose the second the guard’s fist collided with his skin. Ewa went flying back with Realms, still grasping tightly onto him. They skidded on the floor and slammed into the wall; Realms’ skull hit the wall and Ewa heard an unforgiving crack.
   “Don’t let this happen again, ye dirty street rat!” the guard bellowed, storming out of the room, the two other guards following him out. Ewa let go of Realms and leaped up.
   “Realms!” she cried. “Ye okay?”
   She wiped blood off of his face with a loose end that was ripped from her dress when they were flung to the wall.
   Realms coughed and spat up blood, struggling to sit up.
   “No, stupid!” Ewa scolded, pushing him back down. “Just stay laying, I don't want ye to push yerself over yer limits.”
   Realms opened one eye and looked at her, ashamed at his weak attempt to stand up to the guard.
   “I can’t let ye stay here,” Ewa muttered. “I’m taking ye back to the hideout.”



© 2011 Anonymous


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awwwwwwwwww!!! They're so cute!! Lol! That kiss was quite interesting. A good little detail to the story. I'm truly loving this story, Cloud. If I was in Ewa's place, you and I both know that I would have been blushing since the moment I got there hehe! On to the next chapter! ------>

Posted 13 Years Ago


cool so far...I hope they ain't siblings after that kiss! lol

Facinated with your ability to draw men into (Fascinating)
Ewa pushed him back down gentally. (gently)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ahh I get it now. What if she ended up being his sister lol. It would be mad awkward knowing he went to second base :p good job

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

612 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2010
Last Updated on March 26, 2011
Tags: Bender, Spirits, fantasy, fiction, book, magic, elves, demons, angels, gods, powers, elements, love, hate, action, adventure
Previous Versions


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..