Chapter 10: Blessing

Chapter 10: Blessing

A Chapter by Anonymous

   She’s gonna fight that thing? Ewa thought, he eyes widening. She’ll get killed! Wait... No. She’s a Bender. I know she’s got guts!
   “Weïnyu!” Realms cried out. “What are you thinking?”
   He sprang up in the cave that Ewa and him were crammed into and he tried to jump out and run to her side. Ewa grabbed the hem of his cloak and pulled him back quickly, putting her arm over his chest to keep him from trying to save the day.
   “No, this is her fight,” Ewa said to him, her eyes closed and a small smirk on her lips. “Why don’t we see what she’s made of, eh?”
   Realms sighed, but then calmed off a bit and nodded. However, his eyes were still glazed with concern as he watched Weïnyu face off the huge thing.
   The monster’s muzzle began unhinging even more, looking limp and dead as it bellowed out that terrible screeching sound. Ewa covered her ears and cringed.
   “Ak’la sumaen, kah shji’nah!” Weïnyu taunted, circling the monster and gesturing in some foreign hand message. The beast seemed to be going crazy for those gestures, for it stayed in place and cowered its ugly head under its own flank.
   Weïnyu suddenly moved her arms in a rising gesture, wind following close behind her movements. The wind made her black cape-like cloak flap around for a mere second, and then she leaped into the air with ease and landed on the monster’s scaly neck, her heels digging into its thick skin.
   The creature wailed and shook around and flung some kind of eyeball connected to an appendage out of its mouth. The arm-like thing swung around in an orbit movement, then collided with Weïnyu’s left shoulder, knocking her clean off of the monster’s back. She spiraled down onto the ground, cringing as her bare arms scraped against the ashy rock and began to bleed. Weïnyu shook her head, jumped up to her feet, and shouldered off the pain. Her eyes flashed red once more and she twirled around, one hand outstretched. She moved her fingers like a fish, a reddish light following her hand like the tail of a comet. The light spun around her torso and then was collected into her gun arm.
   Weïnyu pulled back the latch on her arm and the brilliant burst of light tunneled out of the gun’s barrel and into the monster’s skin. The scales of its thick, fleshy neck was red, steaming, and raw from the blast as it moaned with pain and lumbered around in a blind rage. It shook its mug, the limp jaw swinging like it was only hanging by a string, and rose its huge, yellow-clawed foot. Weïnyu panicked and jumped into the air, but she was knocked straight down by the beast, the claws running red with the blood of Weïnyu’s arm as they dug into her flesh and scraping against her bone. She screamed and her gun arm went black and was flooded over with her flesh that was burning from being shifted so quickly. Weïnyu fell to the ground and hit the rock with a thud.
   “Weïnyu!” screamed Realms from the hiding spot. Ewa pushed him back and leapt out of the hole and sped over to Weïnyu, holding her arms outstretched to the monster, who stood with its tiny yellow eyes transfixed on Ewa.
   “Alu’ji!” exclaimed Ewa, gesturing the ward-evil motion. The creature screeched and backed away, its ear-flaps pressed down tightly. It turned and fled into the fiery darkness, its scaly tail flicking around in terror.

   “Weïnyu, are ye alright?” whispered Ewa, gently tapping her shoulder. Realms was wrapping a gauze-type cloth around the silver girl’s arm as Ewa attempted to wake her up quietly. Suddenly, Weïnyu began to mutter things, still partially unconscious. Ewa and Realms backed away from her when a whirring sound came from the girl’s gun arm, although it was still in its silver flesh state. Her palm glowed violet, the Bender marking beginning to light up. Her eyes flew open and she thrust her head up in a cold sweat.
   “What’s wrong?” said Realms.
   Weïnyu glanced around with widened eyes and finally caught her breath and spoke.
   “We have to get out of here, now!”



© 2011 Anonymous


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

end of the bridge and stopped emmediatly. (immediately)

Interesting there was no sound when the gate opened...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 11, 2010
Last Updated on March 26, 2011
Tags: Bender, Spirits, fantasy, fiction, book, magic, elves, demons, angels, gods, powers, elements, love, hate, action, adventure
Previous Versions


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous