Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Anonymous

I wonder...
If I should find this thing.
This thing called...
The Serpent Blade.
"Zesika!"
I sprung out of my chair, yelping. My teacher smacked my desk with her ruler, yanking me out of my daydream. She wore her hair in a tight bun and wore glasses that shielded her cold, hard silver eyes. Ms. Dean, she was called.
"What is the answer to the problem?" she asked. Her narrowed eyes glared into mine, sending chills down my spine.
I looked at the board, hoping to wing it with an easy problem.
If 7x+(37y-8)=5x, what does x equal? It said.
Oh great... I thought. The numbers began to mix up, and I couldn't think.
"I... I don't know," I muttered, looking away. I tapped my foot distractedly and looked away from her.
"Hmph. Does anyone else actually know how to solve this? Someone who has payed attention in class?" Ms. Dean snapped, walking back to the board. A few kids snickered and I looked down at my feet, blushing.
I'm dyslexic. What am I supposed to do?
I thought, flipping the pencil on my desk.
"That girl shouldn't even be in this class," I heard a girl whisper.
"Yeah, guess the lowest public school is too advanced for her," another said bitterly. They giggled. I clenched my fists as my heart raced in fury. I whipped my head around to glare at the teacher. I tried to put myself into her mind.
Leave the room. Now. I thought intensely, somehow thinking she could hear it.
Ms. Dean stiffened and slowly turned around.
"I'll be right back, students," she said softly, seeming stunned by something.
I pulled back, surprised.
What did I just do? I thought. She left the room and shut the door quickly. My anger swiftly returned. I felt my heart burning in rage. Right before anyone could speak, I slammed my fist as hard as I could into the wall. It left a dent, cracking the wall. It made an enormous boom. Everyone immediately spun around and stared in shock at me.
"What the heck are you-" the girl who made the remark about me earlier started.
"Shut up!" I screamed. Everyone went silent, and the girl's eyes widened. I shook in anger as my fingernails dug into my balled fists.
"I'm sick of this crap. I'd like to see one of you last a second in my position," I said, my voice getting more intense. It scared me, I felt surprisingly different than usual. I felt power rising in my chest, and I could practically see the anger radiating off of my skin.
"Look at her eyes," I heard a boy whisper in fear. I turned to a mirror behind my desk.
Sheer horror surged through my veins. My light blue eyes had turned to blazing red, and my pupils were twice as small as they should have been. Black snake-like tattoos began to spread across my face, dancing and thrashing over my skin. I screamed, stumbling back. I began losing my breath.
The other kids in class began to scream as well, pointing. Some ran out of the room, some cowered in fear under their desks.
"What's happening?" I wailed. I lay on the ground, my world spinning in a flurry of shapes and images from long ago. As I took one last glance at the mirror, although my vision shaky and blurry, I saw the black streaks on my face form one word...
"SERPENT"



© 2010 Anonymous


Author's Note

Anonymous
Pretty short chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWESOMNESS!!!! You HAVE to get started on the next chapter RIGHT AWAY!!! Holy crap man!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 28, 2010
Last Updated on April 3, 2010


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous