Chapter 12: Blindness

Chapter 12: Blindness

A Chapter by Anonymous

   “Ewa, wake up, quick!” Realms cried. Ewa was shaken awake by the white-haired boy and slowly rose, holding her head and groaning.
   “What?” she muttered, half-asleep; she stretched luxuriously. Realms shook her again.
   “Ewa! Something's wrong with Weïnyu,” Realms said. Ewa’s eyes flew open and she shot up off of the grassy ground. She had to shake off the pleasure that she’s gotten from feeling cool, moist grass against her skin.
   “Weïnyu?” she said. The lead-colored girl lay shaking violently on the ground, her skin glowing golden from the bright sun. Her black hair hung in her face as she pressed her palms over her eyes and screamed endlessly. She thrashed around, her dark complexion looking very oddly out of place in the realm of Light.
   “My eyes! The light!” she wailed. Ewa grabbed Weïnyu’s arm to try and lift her up, but her silver skin scorched Ewa’s flesh. Ewa pulled back, cringing from the intense burn.
   “What in the Spirit’s name is wrong with ye, girl?” she said, her left eye welling with tears from the burn. Realms and Ewa watched in horror as Weïnyu writhed in pain, unable to respond.
   “Is something wrong?” came a voice from behind. Ewa whipped around to see a girl with pale lavender hair in a dark green hood sitting on a horse. The hood covered the girl’s face, only leaving a clear sight of her pale, rounded lips. Her hands that grasped the reins of her horse were as white as porcelain. A leather belt was strapped around her waist that was dressed with small bottles of liquids and powders. A dragon skin tunic was wrapped around the girl’s torso. She looked only about fifteen year old.
   “Who are you?” Ewa demanded as Realms still knelt by Weïnyu, trying awkwardly to comfort her without having to touch her.
   “Let’s just say that I can help your friend here, if you’d allow,” she said, her lips curved into a quiet smile. Ewa glanced at Weïnyu, who was crying on the ground helplessly, and hung her head, dropping to her knees.
   “I beg you, yes,” she whispered. The girl dismounted her horse and hurried gracefully over to Weïnyu. She turned to Realms and put her hand on his shoulder; he looked up at her, his eyes helpless. He stood and backed away so the girl could be near Weïnyu. She sat by the lead-skinned girl and raised her hand above Weïnyu’s forehead.
   “Remove your hands from your eyes, please,” the hooded girl directed quietly.
   “But, the light... My eyes!” Weïnyu cried, shaking her head with her palms still pressed over her face. The hooded girl set her hand on Weïnyu’s forehead and Weïnyu’s hands slowly fell from her own face. Her eyes were carefully closed and she looked like an angel sleeping (as much as a demon from the Underworld could look like an angel).
   “What happened?” Realms asked, almost seeming as if be would begin trembling. Ewa rolled her eyes at him. To think that he, of all people, was a sorcerer for the evil king before Ewa had come along.
  “She’s only sleeping,” said the girl. “Don’t worry. Now, if you would come back to my house in the village, I would be happy to feed you all. You all look like you haven’t eaten in ages - I can see your ribs, there - I also have extra beds; you all look tired, too.”
   Ewa just then realized how utterly worn out she felt and yawned. She hadn’t had a good meal or a good sleep in such a long time. Realms yawned as well and nodded.
   “We’d like that very much.”


© 2011 Anonymous


Author's Note

Anonymous
Sadly very short...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ewa is jealous of Realms attraction to Weinyu.
Demii...the healer...cool

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 6, 2010
Last Updated on March 26, 2011
Tags: Bender, Spirits, fantasy, fiction, book, magic, elves, demons, angels, gods, powers, elements, love, hate, action, adventure
Previous Versions


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous