Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Anonymous
"

Zesika awakens from her meeting with the Goddesses, without answers, in an unfamiliar house. There she finds an unfamiliar boy who houses her, and may be able to help her find the Serpent Blade.

"
Location...
Serpent Blade...
Find it, Zesika...
You must save us...
Everyone...
I woke up.
"What...?" I said, my voice muffled by a heavy quilt. I sat up in a bed, but not my bed. Not River's bed. Not the hospital bed.
Where am I? I thought. There was a black ink painting on the wall opposite of the bed I was in. I couldn't quite make out what the inscription said above. I didn't read much Elven.
I stroked the quilt that lay over me, which had ancient symbols and pictures sewn in. The floor was made of level and finely-polished maple, golden orange. A candle in a rustic, worn candlestick sat sleepily flickering on the bedside table. It was a rather large room, with Victorian-style decor and soft blue walls.
It was lovely and quiet. My shock of waking without answers slowly faded into peace as I felt completely at at ease.
"So you've finally decided to wake up," came a soft voice. I whipped my head around to face the door. Standing there was a boy no older than I at the doorway, with messy blonde locks of hair and sparkling pale blue eyes. He looked so adorable, so innocent, so sleepy. He had a little boy face.
"Who are you? Where am I? Where are the Goddesses?" I asked.
"Iliya was right," he laughed. "You do ask a lot of questions."
Goddess, I thought. He laughs like an angel.
"Wait," I said in surprise. "Iliya?"
He was holding a teapot and two little decorated teacups. They looked so detailed and intricate. He sat on an old worn down chair by the bed and poured the magenta tea into the teacup.
"Never mind that. Would you like some tea?" he asked sweetly.
"I'm not much of a tea drinker... But I guess, since it smells so good," I replied, taking the cup from his hands. My fingers brushed against his and I blushed. He smiled and it almost made my heart stop.
No, stop it! You're not supposed to act like a lovesick girl! Stay strong, for River!
"Thanks," I said quickly, blowing off my tea.
He just sat by the bed, watching me drink. It was the best thing I had ever tasted, but it was weird how he just watched me. I turned to him and tried to stop from laughing at his transfixed expression.
"What?" I asked him, half laughing.
"Nothing. I'm just glad to see someone likes my tea as much as it seems you do," he said smiling. I smiled too and looked away, back to the ink painting in front of me.
"Did you make that?" I asked him. He turned to it and sighed.
"Yes, I made that," he replied.
What, he's an artist too? Is this boy a saint? I thought, staring at him.
"It's really nice."
"Thank you," he said, smiling again.
I just realized I was in an unfamiliar house, with a suspiciously perfect boy. I didn't even know where I was or who that boy was.
"I'd completely forgotten. My name is Ryuu," he said, reading my thoughts.
"M-my name is Zesika," I stuttered.
"Pleasure to meet you. I might also mention where you are, if you're wondering."
"Oh, yes."
"You're in Kaiarch City," he said, sitting on the bed. I was shocked.
"In the Province of Shadows?" I asked, still surprised. He smiled at me.
"Yes, I found you in the forest, Zesika. You were dressed in a white dress and golden sash, and your face was practically glowing with radiance. I thought you were an angel."
I felt my face burn. Ryuu continued.
"So I brought you back to my house and let you rest. I'm not one for intruding on strangers' past, so I won't be nosing in on your personal life."
He laughed.
Amazing. He even acts gentlemanly. This is the most perfect boy I've ever met.
"Thank you for taking me in, I appreciate it, but I really must find the Serp-" I covered my mouth with my hand before I could continue. "N-never mind."
Ryuu put down the teacup on the table and opened a drawer. He pulled out a rag and sat back down on the bedside. He grasped my left hand and wrapped it in the rag.
The rag began to turn blood red, I guess my hand was bleeding. Ryuu carefully held my wrapped hand and waited patiently for it to stop.
"So," he began.
"You're looking for the Serpent Blade?"







© 2010 Anonymous


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Anxiousssss

Posted 14 Years Ago


Gaaah!!! So short! Bur so good! KEEP GOING! PLEASE!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2010
Last Updated on April 23, 2010


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Five Chapter Five

A Chapter by Anonymous