Chapter 14: Change

Chapter 14: Change

A Chapter by Anonymous

~Six Days Later~
   We’ve been staying at Demii’s house for about seven days. Weïnyu is recovering nicely; her skin is actually turning peach like normal-colored skin. I’m glad the Light doesn’t make her shrivel up or burn or anything like a vampire. She actually’s turned out to be sort of a drunk when she gets a few pints down. I didn’t know that they had beer down in the Un’World.
   Realms seems to be so overwhelmed by how hot that girl is turning out to be. It must be a dream come true for him: finally being in the world with other human beings after being isolated in a dungeon his whole life, and all.

   “Ewa, I drew you a bath if you’d like,” came a soft voice from outside of Ewa’s door. Ewa put her pen down and shut the journal. It was Demii standing in the doorway with her green hood pulled down.
   “Whaddya tryin’ to say?” Ewa said, narrowing her eyes; Demii laughed.
   Bloody hell, Ewa thought. She laughs like she’s sent from the heavens.
   “Just know it’s there if you want it," Demii said, walking back to her medicine room. Ewa stood, only one thing on her mind. She hadn’t had a bath as long as she could remember; she didn't even remember what her real shade of skin color was.
   I guess it wouldn’t hurt to be clean, Ewa thought as she left her room. She walked towards the washroom; the door was made of a large slab of maple, finely polished that made it shine like gold. It seemed inviting. Ewa entered, grabbing a white towel that hung on a rack outside the room.
   There was a unusually large porcelain tub smack in the middle of the dimly-lit room, the faucets made of silver and legs of marble. It was already filled and bubbly with hot spring water.
   “The water that runs through this house comes from an underground spring. Some say it possesses magic that rejuvenates your body and soul.”
   Ewa remembered Demii saying that the other day when the ever-so-curious Weïnyu asked how she gets the power for this house.
   It looked so peaceful; the rising steam made Ewa’s pores scream. The heat beckoned her to the pool of hot water. It made her shiver. She stripped off all her heavy training-weight clothes and dipped her foot in the water, immediately pulling it back from the scalding shock. Then she gradually settled in, her face halfway under the calm, relaxing surface.
   She felt completely at ease under the soapy water. Closing her eyes, she drifted into relaxation.

   A creak of a door made Ewa’s eyes fly open.
   “What?” Ewa said, almost jumping. She saw Weïnyu standing at the door, a green towel around her body. She had no expression on her face.
  “I’m takin’ a bath, girlie!” Ewa shouted.
   “I know,” Weïnyu said straightly. Ewa was puzzled.
   Even though Weïnyu was around one hundred years old, she still looked about thirteen. The lead-skinned girl took off her towel and sat down in the opposite side of the bathtub.
   “Okay, sit down with me, why don’t ye?” Ewa snickered.
   Weïnyu looked distressed.
   “You drunk or somethin’?” Ewa asked.
   “No,” We
ïnyu replied curtly. “I have to ask you something.”
   “Shoot.”
   “What happens if we defeat the Darkness? Will we just go back to our normal lives? I’ll just go back to being shunned by Light and banished to the Underworld?“
   Ewa was surprised at her.
   “I honestly don’t got anythin’ to tell ye, Weïnyu,” Ewa said sadly. Weïnyu sighed and hung her head, twirling her finger around her floating wet hair. Ewa was silent for a minute, then she grinned, swam over to Weïnyu, and started tickling her.
   “H-hey! Stop it, Ewa!” Weïnyu protested behind her laughter.
   “Oy, lighten up, why dont’cha?” Ewa snickered, still at it. They both splashed in the soapy waves and spilled water all over the tiled floor.
   They both were laughing enough to be heard throughout the house.
   “Are you okay?” came a concerned voice from the door: Realms.
   Ewa and Weïnyu both stopped and looked to the doorway. There was Realms, his face red again and his eyes wide.
   “I-I-I,” he stuttered. Ewa splashed him and laughed as he ran out of the room, turning pale as a ghost.
   “Hey, wait!” Ewa called out, grinning. She grabbed Weïnyu’s hand and pulled her out of the tub, running out of the room.
   “Ewa!” Weïnyu wailed. Ewa and Weïnyu ran through the house, dripping wet.
   “Fun will keep yer spirits up!” Ewa squealed.
   “This isn’t fun!” Weïnyu protested.
   “Wait,” Ewa said, stopping. Weïnyu stopped next to her. Ewa sped into a room, flying back out in an instant, wearing a very short white sundress with a tight leather bra-tunic top and brown leather training gloves, along with big brown boots. Her extremely long hair was tied up in a looped ponytail.
   “Ah, good idea,” Weïnyu said, smiling in embarrassment. She did the same and came back out wearing a white cotton tank top and a short matching skirt along with knee-length sheepskin leggings and dancer’s flats.
   “Race ye outside!” Ewa challenged. Weïnyu nodded confidently and they both bolted out the door into the sunlight.
   “You girls are crazy!” called Realms as they sped out.
   “Ye know yer just jealous!” Ewa laughed. She lifted off the ground, whirling on an ball of air. Up and up, she went, carrying Weïnyu by the hand.
   “Ewa,” Weïnyu suddenly whispered.
   “What?” said Ewa, stopping and floating back down to the earth.
   “Look.”
   Ewa looked where Weïnyu pointed and saw the fields and plains covered in nothing but hungry darkness. The sun was growing dark with turmoil and the shadows were a giant monster, consuming the land and slowly edging closer and closer into civilization. Chills were sent down Ewa’s spine.
   No.



© 2011 Anonymous


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is still akward that Ewa and Realms like each other TOO much! :P Great chapter though!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
1 Review
Added on June 14, 2010
Last Updated on March 26, 2011
Tags: Bender, Spirits, fantasy, fiction, book, magic, elves, demons, angels, gods, powers, elements, love, hate, action, adventure
Previous Versions


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous