4: Never Again

4: Never Again

A Chapter by Anonymous
"

Chapter four of Remembering Innocence.

"
4: Never Again

      "Ah, the weekend is here!" said Xavier with a smile. He ran his fingers through his hair and Jeremy scoffed.
      "Like you have anything to do over the weekend?" he said. Xavier just laughed.
      "Jeremy, you're such a downer," said Rosie.
      "That's just who he is," Jason added. The twins both did a thumbs-up to that.

      The group stood in front of the school by the twin's car. It was big enough for all seven of them, if you count Noah. They were all waiting for her.
      Awa and Satou were listening to some of their bizarre Japanese music, this song called "Gacha Gacha Cute". Rosie loved it, but all the boys in the group despised the twin's taste in music.
      "Hey, there's Noah!" said Xavier, waving frantically at her as she approached.
      "H-hello, everyone," she said nervously. Xavier slung his arm around Noah's shoulders and grinned widely.
      "Noah, will you join us on our beach trip this afternoon?" he asked.
      "Yes, Noah, join us please!" chimed Rosie. Noah hesitated for a minute.
      I wonder what she looks like in a bathing suit... thought Xavier. In Xavier's mind a little theater played. Noah was in a skimpy pink floral bikini, her glasses off and her hair messy and flowing in the wind. She ran across the beach, laughing and being splashed by him.
      Xavier, stop it! Noah giggled.
      I'll get you! He laughed.

      "Xavier... Xavier... Xavier!"
      "What?" he said. Jeremy was waving his hand in front of Xavier's face.
      "I said that Noah will be coming with us! You need to listen more!" Jeremy spat. Xavier nodded and turned back to Noah.
      "Do you have a bathing suit you can wear, Noah?" he asked, secretly hopeful she answered with the word "bikini".
      "Um," Noah said quietly, "I don't have one that fits me. I haven't worn one for a long time..."
      "That's not a problem!" Awa cut in.
      "Our closet is full of bathing suits!" Satou added.
      "What a surprise," Jason said.
      "The twins always have some random and convenient stash of things," Jeremy said.
      "Let me guess," Xavier said. "Are they cosplay bathing suits, by any chance?"
      The twins just grinned. Awa and Satou each grabbed one of Noah's arms and opened the car door, gently pushing her into a seat. Xavier, Jeremy, Jason and Rosie got in with her. Awa sat in the passenger's seat, and Satou sat in the driver's seat.
      "Everyone buckle up!" the twins said in unison, looking back at everyone and winking. After everyone was secure, they took off to the twin's house.


      "How about this one, Noah-san?" Awa said. She held up a blue one-piece suit, with ruffles around the chest. Noah glanced at it up and down, and shook her head. Awa looked through the suits in the closet and pulled out another one. It was a tube top and green skirt with white dots.
      "This one?"
      Noah shook her head again.
      "Okay, this one you'll love," Awa said, rummaging through the suits. She pulled out a sparkling blue bikini; the top was a big bow. Noah loved it, but she wondered whether it was too small...
      "Isn't it a little... skimpy?" Noah asked quietly. Awa smiled and handed her the bathing suit. Noah held it up and looked it over.
      It is pretty... she thought.
      "I'll take this one," she said, smiling.


      "Here we are!" Xavier said, grinning. Rosie ran down away from the car with a inflatable tube.
      "Yay, the beach!" she giggled as she ran down the sand. Jason followed her.
      Noah wore a t-shirt and Bermuda shorts over her suit, and still had her glasses on. Everyone else was in their suits.
      "Noah," said Xavier, "why don't you take the other clothes off?"
      "People will make fun of me," she whined. Xavier smiled sweetly at her.
      "No they won't. When you're ready to have fun, you're welcome to join us in the water!"
      Xavier ran down the beach side and into the water with everyone else. Noah stood with her hands in her pockets.
      She just thought silently for a while.
      Noah then slowly took off her glasses and set them in their case, then slipped off her shorts and shirt. Noah ran down to the beach with everyone, smiling.

      As she stood in the water, being splashed by the group, she saw a young couple in their twenties walking down the beach, hand in hand. Her mind went blank.
      They look so happy... Noah thought. The woman smiled and laughed as her partner said something into her ear. They kissed and continued walking down the shore.
      Just like when...

      Vincent held Noah's hand as he kissed her passionately. She pulled away.
      "Vincent..." she said. He ran his fingers through Noah's red hair and shushed her.
      "Run away with me, Noah," he whispered. She was shocked as he held her tightly.
      "What?"
      "Run away with me."
      "But we're only sixteen, Vincent... W-we can't..."
      Vincent cut her off with a forced kiss. He pushed it too far, grabbing at her and hugging her too tightly. She tried pushing him off but failed. Vincent tried unzipping her shirt, but that was too far.
      "No!" Noah cried, slapping Vincent across the face. He was silent as he released her.
      "I won't run away with you, Vincent," she said. Vincent grabbed her wrist tightly. She was scared out of her mind.
      "Stop!" she screamed. He smacked her repeatedly in the face, blood spurting from her mouth and nose.
      "Why won't you run away with me, Noah?" he yelled in her face. "I love you!"
      "Because I can't do this again!" she said, tears streaming down her face.
      "Again...?"
     
     


© 2010 Anonymous


Author's Note

Anonymous
Please point out any mistakes, spelling errors, and grammatical errors. I'd like to hear any suggestions or opinions, give me your complete honesty.
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY! I don't want to be slammed or flamed by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, please. <3
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ;D

Here's the song the twins were listening to lol, "Gacha Gacha Cute".


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The song makes my head hurtttt haha!! And I agree, the beach should have more attention! Beaches are fun! I also agree with the flashback comment. It's more mysterious if you space her past out more. Keeps the readers hooked, yah know?

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think it's pretty interesting so far... but Noah seems to have a somewhat dark past. She needs to have some positive side to her, or else her character won't seem as 3d.

Posted 13 Years Ago


If you needed a youtube video to show us the song they were listening to, then you shouldnt put it in you're book. You can't have a youtube video in a published book :(

this reminds me of the house of night series. Or at least the characters do. This chapter was pretty blah compared to the others but i still liked it and the song is adorable and annoying lol. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Gacha Gacha Cute is the most annoying thing ever!!! graaah!!!! But I am now in love with this book. It's epic :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this book, and I'm thinking more and more about the host club! Especially this chapter! But it's a fun read, and I'll be awaiting the next chapter :D

PS Gacha Gacha Cute is pretty annoying....lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


Gah, it seems too short. This Noah chick sounds like she's been unlucky in parentage and love, but I think we're getting too many flashbacks at once. Space them out, maybe?

Posted 13 Years Ago


I hope the beach isn't over. You took most of a chapter setting it up, so the beach deserves more attention.

Posted 13 Years Ago


OOoooh. I loved it. x) Keeepppp goinggg! Haha.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

491 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2010
Last Updated on July 16, 2010
Tags: romance, love, happiness, sadness, sorrow, wise, girls, boys, book, fiction, innocence, faded


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


2: The Watch 2: The Watch

A Chapter by Anonymous