6: A Mistake

6: A Mistake

A Chapter by Anonymous
"

Chapter six of Remember Innocence.

"
6: A Mistake


      Baby, talk with your body, not with your mouth. That's all I want...

      You worthless piece of crap! Get out of my house!

      I'm leaving because I know you'll be better off without me.

      I've realized life just isn't worth the fight!

      Why do you even bother? Nobody likes you anyway.


     
"Miss Constance," rang a stern voice, bringing Noah back to the present. She shook her head and turned her gaze back to the board while wiping her face with her sleeve.
      "Y-yes, Mrs. Harrington," she stuttered as she fidgeted with her red hair.
      "Could you now come up to the board and demonstrate the equation I just explained?"
      Noah nervously glanced around and felt as if the other students gazes were burning through her skin. She stared down at her desk.
      "I wasn't paying attention," Noah muttered. She heard Mrs. Harrington sigh in annoyance and set the chalk down. A few students snickered and Noah blushed hotly, kicking her shiny black flats at the desk legs.
      The teacher's monotone lecture voice was tuned out once again by Noah.
      Why did I even come to school today? She thought. Xavier probably doesn't want to see me here... He's probably embarrassed because he almost kissed me...
     

      After Algebra, Noah hurried to her locker and shoved everything into her backpack, not noticing her pocket watch was hanging out of her skirt flap. As the other students stampeded down the halls, a tall boy with a basketball jersey on rammed into Noah and knocked her glasses off of her face. She was stunned and caught the locker before she fell to be trampled.
      As she began looking for her glasses, which she desperately needed to see two feet in front of her, she felt inside her pocket and realized it was empty. The watch has been knocked out as well. As she still rummaged through her backpack to find her glasses, someone who shouldn't have come walked down the hallway.
     
      Xavier past students and teachers as he walked down the hallway with his hands in his pockets. His backpack hung limply over his right shoulder.
      As he neared the school exit, he stopped before he stepped on a familiar object. It was a silver pocket watch with numbers written in some foreign language. He remembered it and reluctantly picked it up.
      Whose is this again? He thought. Oh, yeah. It's Noah's.
     
He held it in his hand and examined it closely. What caught his eye was an inscription scratched in by someone...

      Noah finally found her glasses, and placed them back on her nose. She slung her backpack over her shoulders and closed the locker. As she turned around, she heard someone drop something metal. Noah glanced around and saw her pocket watch still spinning on the ground from being dropped. Although nobody who could've been holding it was near.
      She walked over and picked it up, glad that she had found it. She shoved it back into her skirt pocket and walked out the front of the school doors.
     
      I should really be more careful with this... Noah thought as she walked down the sidewalk. Especially with the inscription inside it...
     
      Someone could end up reading it.

     


© 2010 Anonymous


Author's Note

Anonymous
A very short chapter.
Please point out any mistakes, spelling errors, and grammatical errors. I'd like to hear any suggestions or opinions; give me your complete honesty.
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY! I don't want to be slammed or flamed by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, please. <3
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ;D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :O

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMG, he read the inscription! OOH, I feel so embarassed for Noah when she sees Xavier again...I wonder wat he thought when he readit.... Can't wait for the next chapter!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! Xavier read the watch!!! I think you should work on making your chapters longer and getting rid of the space between paragraphs. It just seems jumpy and un-professional when paragraphs are spaced when they don't need to be.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oooooooooooooohhhhh!

This is a nice twist, he found it but she doesn't know. However, this is one of a million stories where you already know how it's going to turn out.

I wonder if you're going to explain Noah's flashbacks soon.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2010
Last Updated on July 27, 2010
Tags: romance, love, happiness, sadness, sorrow, wise, girls, boys, book, fiction, innocence, faded


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


5: Fireworks 5: Fireworks

A Chapter by Anonymous