8: The Visit

8: The Visit

A Chapter by Anonymous
"

Chapter eight of Remember Innocence. Sorry its late, guys!

"
8: The Visit

      Noah.
      Xavier ran his hands through his jet-black hair as he laid on his bed. He couldn't stop himself from thinking about her. Her smile, her eyes, her voice, her innocence... He wasn't necessarily thinking about her in a romantic way, he just couldn't stop thinking about her, and what he read on the back of her pocket watch.
      This is crazy, Xavier thought. There's no possible way she could've written that. We didn't even know each other existed until a month ago...
     
Xavier sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed. He stood and walked out of his room, down a flight of stairs, and into a bathroom. He shut the wooden door and looked into the mirror, seeing a teenage boy with big green eyes, tousled black hair, and wearing nothing but a pair of blue plaid boxers.
      Maybe she did write it, he thought. But I don't see why she would.
     
Xavier rubbed his temples due to an oncoming headache, and then turned to a big shower with blue curtains, along with piles of soaps and imported shampoos his mother was always experimenting with. He turned the knob and watched the steaming water rain down from the spout. Xavier stripped off his boxers and stepped into the shower. He felt the hot, relaxing water pound on his shoulders and let out a sigh.
     
      As he was about to get out of the shower, Xavier heard a ring of his front doorbell.
      Damn, mom isn't home. What should I do? Xavier thought, beginning to panic. He snatched a towel from the rack and wrapped it around his waist; he was still dripping wet.
      "I'm coming!" he shouted as he twisted the doorknob and ran out of the bathroom. Xavier ran barefoot to the front door and unlocked it, then opened the door. He forgot he was wearing nothing but a towel.
      "Hello?" he said. Who could be there but the one and only Noah Constance...

    
      "Did you really have to show up at that exact moment, Noah?" Xavier said, using the towel to get some leftover water out of his ear. Noah sat on a couch in front of Xavier, wearing a blue tank top, a white overshirt, and matching Bermuda shorts.
      Her shirt gives the illusion that she really has curves... She should wear that more often. Xavier thought, smirking to himself.
      "I'm sorry," Noah said, half laughing.
      "What did you need, anyway?"
      "I just needed to tell you something."
      "O-okay," Xavier stammered, feeling his ears burn.
      What is she going to say? He thought. Is she going to confess? Or tell me it was a mistake?
      He waited with tingling fingers and a thumping heart to hear what she had to tell him. It felt like hours before she finally spoke.
      "Xavier," she said.
      "Yes," he almost yelled. Xavier could barely sit still.
      "Awa and Satou want you to come along with us to the festival."
      ...The festival?
      Xavier could almost feel his face turn red with embarrassment.
      "I-I see," he muttered. "Tell them I'll meet them there."
      "Great," Noah replied as she stood up and walked towards the door.
Right before she could grab the doorknob, Xavier lashed out and gripped Noah's arm. She stopped and they were both silent.
      "Noah..." he said quietly.
      "Yes?"
      Xavier stared at the ground and slowly let go of Noah's arm. He looked up at her and forced a smile.
      "I'll see you at the festival tonight."


© 2010 Anonymous


Author's Note

Anonymous
Yes. This chapter was boring. I know. BUT PREPARE TO BE DAZZLED NEXT CHAPTER!!! >:D
Please point out any mistakes, spelling errors, and grammatical errors. I'd like to hear any suggestions or opinions, give me your complete honesty.
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY! I don't want to be slammed or flamed by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, please. <3
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ;D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ooohhh, cant wait to read on!

Posted 13 Years Ago


The descriptions of what's going on, and the dialog, seem a little mechanical. And for some reason, Xavier's smirk makes me dislike him. Like underneath, he's like all of Noah's previous boys.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well I'm sure it'll build up to something better! can't wait for the next chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 2, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010
Tags: romance, love, happiness, sadness, sorrow, wise, girls, boys, book, fiction, innocence, faded


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous