9: Festival

9: Festival

A Chapter by Anonymous
"

Chapter nine of Remember Innocence. Don't worry... This one is much more entertaining than the last one. :)

"
9: Festival

      "Noah, hurry up! We'll be late!" shouted Xavier from the backseat window of Awa and Satou's huge van. Everyone sat buckled up as they waited for Noah to come out of her front door and get in the car. Xavier leaned out the window and tapped on the car door with his fingertips; everyone else was silent.
      "How can you be late to a festival?" Jeremy muttered, blowing a big bubble with his chewing gum. Jason turned to him and used his finger to pop the bubble, which blew up in Jeremy's face and coated his nose in sticky, gooey pink. Everyone except Jeremy laughed.
      "Hey, there's Noah!" Rosie said, waving her hand wildly in the air as Noah walked down her front porch steps. The redheaded girl smiled at everyone and opened the car door, then sat down next to Xavier.
     
      "Noah," Awa started, leaning away from the steering wheel and looking back at her.
      "Where's your gown?" Satou finished for her sister.
      "Gown?" Noah said. Xavier flicked his hair out of his eyes and gave Noah a little nudge on her shoulder.
      "Yeah, your gown," he said. "We're going to a Japanese Matsuri."
      Noah then noticed everyone in the car besides her was dressed in a long, flowery kimono. She suddenly felt an embarrassed rock hit her stomach when she realized she'd be the only one at the festival dressed in a sweatshirt and Capris.
      "Don't worry, Noah-chan," Awa consoled. "We have a kimono that you can put on when we get to the Matsuri."
      "Thanks... So, are these Matsuri things fun?" Noah asked the twins.
      "Hai, hai! Matsuri wa subarashii desu ne! Imoto wa, doi suru ka?" Satou said, obviously in Japanese; nobody else but her sister understood.
      "Un!" Awa chimed.
      "Domo arigato, Mister Roboto!" Jeremy retorted sourly, blowing another bubble. "We no speaky your gibberish, Fallen Frame twins."
      "Can we just get a move on?" Noah said, leaning back and letting out a sigh.
      "I cannot agree more," Xavier added, tapping the top of Awa's head. "Let's go!"


      "Can we have seven cherry cakes?" Xavier said to the elderly woman behind the booth.
      "Nanidesu ka?" the woman replied.
      "I don't think she speaks English," Rosie whispered, fidgeting with her kimono tie.
      "Let us handle this," the twins said in unison. Awa and Satou pushed in front of Xavier and gave a quick bow.
      "Wareware wa, 7tsu no sakura mochi no yo ni omoimasu," they said.
      The woman nodded and handed them seven fluffy pink cakes, each wrapped in paper and covered with green frosting. The twins bowed again and thanked her, and the group walked away to sit and enjoy the cakes.
      "These are really good," Noah said through her mouthful of sweet cake. Everyone agreed as they continued scarfing down the delectable treats.
      "I can't wait for the fireworks show," Awa muttered to her sister.
      "It'll be the best part of the night," Rosie added.
      Noah looked up and saw Xavier sitting by her, obviously nervous about something. His eyes were flickering around as he bit into his cake once more, and his foot impatiently tapped the paved ground.
      "Something wrong, Xavier?" Noah asked quietly, nudging him on the shoulder.
      He twitched back when Noah touched him hesitantly; he didn't reply for a while.
      "No, nothing is wrong," he murmured.
      "Okay, whatever you say..."
    

      "Wow!"
      "Amazing!"
      "Ooh!"
      The crowd on the dock was oohing and aahing at the sight of all the beautiful fireworks. Noah stood by the twins and Jeremy; Xavier stood farther away from Noah than usual. She was a little puzzled by how he was acting.
      Is he avoiding me because of what happened on the beach that night? Is he afraid it will happen again? Noah thought. It was amazing for me. Xavier is... so wonderful...
     
She began drifting into her thoughts; the world blurred around her. All sounds were tuned out as she went through memories of everything, and how she possibly could've gotten to where she was now...
      I never would have imagined I'd be friends with Xavier Whithrung. Are my dreams finally coming true? Could everything that has happened to me be erased with this one friendship? Could-
     
Her thoughts were interrupted by horrifying cries. She snapped back to reality and realized she was standing alone on the dock, and sounds of fear flooded into her eardrums. She whipped her head around and saw Xavier waving his hands frantically.
      "Noah!" he screamed. "Get out of the way! Look out!"
      She heard a sudden whirling noise and turned, only to see a horrible spinning, illuminating light spiraling towards her faster than anything she'd ever seen.
       Soon, it was all she could see, and she couldn't move, hear, or scream. It was just her and the terrible light.

      "Oh my God! Noah!"
     



© 2010 Anonymous


Author's Note

Anonymous
What do you think, eh?
Please point out any mistakes, spelling errors, and grammatical errors. I'd like to hear any suggestions or opinions, give me your complete honesty.
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Write more!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


WTF just happened at the end? The light thing, I mean. What was it, a light up frisbee or something?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Whaaaaat just happened? o_O

Posted 13 Years Ago


The transition between Noah watching the fireworks and when she is hit is a bit confusing. It doesn't seem as real as it should. And I could actually (I mean barely) read the Japanese.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
4 Reviews
Added on August 11, 2010
Last Updated on August 24, 2010
Tags: romance, love, happiness, sadness, sorrow, wise, girls, boys, book, fiction, innocence, faded


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous