10: Desperate Prayer

10: Desperate Prayer

A Chapter by Anonymous
"

Chapter ten of Remember Innocence. WOW, I haven't wrote for this for so long!

"
10: Desperate Prayer

   “Noah,” whispered a trembling voice. “Wake up. Please.”
   “What the hell happened out there?” demanded someone else that had just entered the room, slamming the door behind them. “How did this happen?”
   “When they started shooting off the fireworks, there was an error in the coordination, which sent one haywire,” came a quiet and unusually disheartened girl’s voice from the other side of the room.
   “You’re telling me that she got hit by the fireworks?!” exclaimed someone else. This one’s voice was fiery and short-fused, sounding as if the person who spoke would explode if someone said one wrong thing. “I’ll sue everyone’s asses if they don't get over here and apologize to her! Just look at her!”
   “Calm down, Jeremy,” interrupted a deeper, cooler boy’s voice.
   “Why should I calm down?” Jeremy spat. “Noah could’ve died! It could’ve blown her to pieces! We’re lucky that she just got singed!”
   “Actually, there could be some major damage to her leg,” murmured the first voice again. “She might not be able to walk again.”
   The room went dead silent. All that Noah could hear was the sound of her own faint breathing, the relieving steady beep of a heart meter, and the muffled sounds of nurses conversing in another room. She felt her chest slowly rising and falling under the thin hospital bed sheets. There was no feeling below her waist.

   Noah felt someone grab her hand gently and squeeze it. She managed to gather the remaining fraction of energy still in her muscles, winced ever so slightly, and limply squeeze back, as her only way of saying “I know you're here.”
   “She’s still conscious,” sighed a relieved boy. “Thank God.”
   Xavier, thought Noah. I know it’s you. I wish I could say something to you... If I could, I would tell you that I’m okay and that I’ll get through this... I’d also thank you for being one of the most caring people in my life...
   A spike of blazing pain suddenly surged through Noah’s left side, her sore muscles wailing with ache, snapping her into agonizing consciousness. Hot, salty tears flooded her closed eyes as the sickening /creak/ of bone grinding against bone echoed through her body.
   “Noah!” Xavier cried.
   “Someone get the doctor in here, or someone!” commanded a girl.
   Awa, Noah cried in her head, trying with all her might to endure the excruciating pain.
   “What’s happening? Awa, get the doctor! Hurry!” cried a voice almost identical to Awa’s.
   Satou!
   “It’ll be okay, Noah! Hang on!” Jeremy assured, swiping a hand across Noah’s shoulder comfortingly, just to let her know that he was there.
   Jeremy!
   Noah’s eyes flung open, light pooling in and burning as she desperately tried to adjust to the brightness as the pain increased worse than before. She finally was able to speak, but instead, she cried out in agony, balling her fists in agony.
   “Noah, we’ll get help! It’ll be okay!” exclaimed a little voice.
   Rosie!
   “We’ll be right here the whole time. The doctor will help you right away,” said the deep voice confidently.
   Jason!
   “Noah, hang on! The doctor’s here!”
   Xavier!
   At last, Noah could see past the stinging light. She saw Xavier’s dark eyes, staring her right in the face. He still held her hand. She even saw, running down his cheeks... Tears.
   “Xavi...er,” Noah managed to squeak, pushing away the desperate attempt to fight the pain. “I... Sor...ry... Ru...ined... Fes...ti...”
   “Stop talking, stupid,” Xavier said, with a faint smile on his face. The pain stabbing her left leg began to dull away quickly as she felt something sharp pierce her skin. The soft dribble of hot, sticky blood trickled down her leg, but she couldn't feel where it went. Her vision began to blur, and she started to feel completely numb again as her arms went limp and she couldn't hold Xavier’s hand anymore. Her eyelids felt like they’d gained eighty pounds and had to slam shut as her head rolled back in the pillow and she became sleepy, fuzzy, and half-conscious. Colored rings ebbed and flowed in the black of her closed eyelids. Noah soon faded into unconsciousness once again.
   “Noah... It’ll be okay. I’ll make sure you get better, no matter what. I promise.”


© 2010 Anonymous


Author's Note

Anonymous
Please point out any mistakes, spelling errors, and grammatical errors. I'd like to hear any suggestions or opinions, give me your complete honesty.
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY! I don't want to be slammed or flamed by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, please. <3
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ;D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i liked it, so much drama and feelings going on. it was a bit tense! I missed reading this! ^-^

Posted 13 Years Ago


why r the other chapters not published??? i love this story!

Posted 13 Years Ago


NEED ANOTHER CHAPTER!!!!! O_O

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
3 Reviews
Added on August 23, 2010
Last Updated on December 20, 2010
Tags: romance, love, happiness, sadness, sorrow, wise, girls, boys, book, fiction, innocence, faded


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous