The Forgotten Locket: Prologue

The Forgotten Locket: Prologue

A Chapter by Anonymous
"

The prologue of The Forgotten Locket.

"
PROLOGUE

“Anita! Anita, come on! You’ll be late!” called Felicita from outside my window.

“I’m hurrying!” I replied from behind the piece of toast in my mouth. I was still scrambling to get into the sweater I’d set out last night. “Just keep the car running, I’ll be down in a second!”

I got the sweater on, swallowed the last of my breakfast, and quickly fixed my hair while glancing at the mirror on the wall. I picked up my suitcases and scurried down the spiral staircase that led into the kitchen, where Nana was waiting for me at the big round dinner table. A handkerchief was at her eyes, which were foggy behind her thick-rimmed bifocals.

“You’re finally heading off on your own... And you’re still so young. But I know that you’ve grown so much,” she sniffed, standing up and holding her arms out like she always did. I held back salty tears as I sat down my trunks and gave her a big hug, feeling her warmth against me. I was going to miss her after all these years of living under her protection.

“I’ll miss you, Nana,” I whispered to her. She kissed my forehead lightly and squeezed me tighter.

“I’ll miss you, too. But you’re a big girl now, and this is a great chance for you,” she said. “I’d have a good mind to smack you if you passed this opportunity up.”

I laughed. Nana always knew just how to cheer me up when I was feeling down. She’d been there for me through everything, acting as my mother as well as my father. She had guided me through life as my role model and my close friend. I was hoping that I would be okay without her.

“Go on, now, Anita,” Nana said, kissing my forehead again and nudging me towards the door. “I don’t want you to miss your flight.”

I picked up my suitcases and smiled at Nana as I opened the front door, feeling the tears welling up in my eyes.

“Goodbye, Nana,” I said quietly.

“Goodbye, sweetheart. I love you.”

“I love you, too.”

I’m finally starting my life on my own, I thought. I’m moving away from Nana. I won't depend on anyone but myself.

I had a weird feeling that this wasn’t an entirely good decision.

 

 

“All passengers please buckle your safety belts as we prepare for takeoff. We hope you enjoy your flight,” chimed a woman’s voice over the intercom.

Time to sleep for seven hours, I thought, stretching out my arms luxuriously. Luckily, I got to sit in a row with nobody next to me on the plane. I guess not that many people enjoyed traveling from Italy to Japan on an early Saturday morning. It was a long flight, but at least it wouldn’t be overly cramped.

I told Nana that I was going to Japan for the sake of a good boarding school. I didn’t like lying to her, but I couldn’t tell her why I really left. She would have thought that I was completely crazy. But, hey, maybe I was crazy.

I looked out of the plane window and watched the city I once called home for so long fly by my eyes. I sighed heavily and sat back in my seat, closed my eyes, and waited for the Dream to settle in my mind once again.



© 2011 Anonymous


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is truly a wonderful start ^^ I'm sorry, I'm not a big critic so I don't think I'll help much ^^ But still, I can't wait to read more >

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


Post. Next. Chapter...! I NEED IT!!! BAKA!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


INCEPTION.

xD The first thing I thought of when I read the word, "Dream."

This is intriguing. Siriusly. I NEED MORE! :P

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1806 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 5, 2010
Last Updated on August 19, 2011
Tags: fanfiction, fma, Edward Elric, Alphonse, Anita, Hohenheim, Envy, Lust, Gluttony, Homunculus, Treachery
Previous Versions


Author

Anonymous
Anonymous

Andover, MN



About
I was a poet. Sometimes I still am. more..

Writing
Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous


Toxin Toxin

A Poem by Anonymous


Maniacal Maniacal

A Poem by Anonymous