The end

The end

A Poem by Da
"

When you die

"
And then you will stop fighting and take your last breath , the doctor will come in and pronounce you dead, the nurse will cover your face with a white sheet and take your lifeless body to the cold chamber , you will be laid on cold metallic surface, you will be given a number and a tag because in the cold chamber, you’re just an other body waiting to be lowered six feet below.

That day, phones will ring non stop as the news of your death are being passed to your family, friends and coworkers, your picture will be posted everywhere with the words “R.I.P” as a caption. Do you ever wonder which one of your pictures will be used for your R.I.P post if you died today?


Few days later you will be taken to your last and forever home because it costs money to keep you in the cold chamber and money is for the living not the dead so the sooner they get rid of you, the better. everyone will be there , your friends, your family your coworkers even those you don’t know will come. As your body is being lowered into the grave, they will silently say a prayer and hope you’re watching over them in heaven but let me tell you something there’s no life after death , you won’t be able to see or hear them you will simply cease to exist, you won’t be watching over them, you won’t be in heaven or hell because there’s no such thing. The only hell or heaven is what your life was before death.


In the end; it won’t be about how much you had because as soon as you die your relatives will be looking for your will and legal documents of your properties , your degrees won’t matter either because they’re not transferrable, it won’t matter how attractive you were because as soon as your grave is sealed your body will start to rot.

The only thing that will remain of you will be the marks you left in the hearts of the living , you will live in the hearts of everyone you loved and cared for , they will tell your stories and immortalize your name.

But that won’t matter either because the dead know nothing and care about nothing. It won’t matter if people remember you or not the only thing that will matter is whether you lived your life to the fullest or not. So take that trip , buy that dress , go to that date , laugh until your belly hurts , love unconditionally, save your money , help when you can , cry when you’re hurting, go skydiving, meet people, scream the lyrics of your favorite songs , exercises, eat healthy and die happy!

© 2020 Da


Author's Note

Da
Ignore ponctuation

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on February 19, 2020
Last Updated on February 19, 2020
Tags: Death, life

Author

Da
Da

Writing
Slaves Slaves

A Poem by Da