Nan's House

Nan's House

A Story by Apollo Hadley

1945 November 6th I always felt as though this city was hiding something, something dangerous. Ive always hidden this idea from the rest of my friends and family; but it is time. The reality has finally come to me in my dreams, the truth is that this city is 


And the rest was torn off. My Nan had recently passed, and I was the one stuck cleaning out her house, as much as I love antiques, I have never liked cleaning; but everyone else in my family was “busy” as always. Me and Nan always hid secrets around her house that only her and I knew to look for, but this letter was new to me. Nan was born a day after this letter seemed to be written. November 7th was always fun. We would usually make a cake and play some board games. But those days are gone. We used to have so much fun in these halls. “BRO?! ARE YOU HERE?” Gods that scared me. My brother Patrick must have came to check on me. “What’s up Patty?” I ask as I descend the old dust covered stairs. “You know not to call me that.” He usually starts a fight anytime I call him that. I wonder what’s up. “Why are you here?” I try to ask but as soon as I reach the bottom of the stairs he rushes at me and gives me one of his bear hugs but it feels weak somehow. “You cant just leave our lives like that!” He seems to be crying by the time you get him to the old brown couch in Nan’s living room but crying is no common thing in our family so now I am worried. “What happened?” Then he just starts sobbing into my sweater. “I..I didn’t mean to! I jus…just” Before he can finish you hear a siren from the forest that seems to be getting closer. Until a bell rings. The doorbell. But I just sit there not knowing what is beyond the door and not wanting to know, worried about the reality. “What did you do?” I ask my brother as I stand up to check the peephole. “N..Nothing. I didn’t mean to…” he stops as soon as I get the door. “Whatever you did I don’t care. Go upstairs.” I don’t look back to see if he’s still there before counting down from five and opening the front door. “Hello how may I help you?” I put on my nicest smile and lean down to the cop. “Um…is Nancy Kallenar home?” the officer stutters looking up at me. 

© 2021 Apollo Hadley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on November 30, 2021
Last Updated on November 30, 2021
Tags: haunted

Author

Apollo Hadley
Apollo Hadley

Bellingham, WA



About
I'm working on a lot of stuff in my life and writing is a break from all of it for me. I don't post very often because of school. more..

Writing