Living Behind Glass

Living Behind Glass

A Poem by Thea Angelou Benedict
"

A quick poetic reflection on individuality and the beauty and insecurity that comes with it.

"

Living behind glass, seeing the world before you, but only through the blur of your own reflection. Faces come and fade away; experiences rush, and crush within you like waves on the rocky shore. You find yourself wondering, “who is the blur before me?” But you never really come to know. Sometimes the glass feels confining and suffocating, and other times it beckons you onward on your journey. But then, you realize this blur isn’t a definition of you, but a variety of colors placed on a canvas for you to mold and create yourself. This glass isn’t a prison, but the glass of a picture frame encompassing the mark you leave on the world. God gives us these colors to shine, and to be a rainbow for the world�"for us to bring our own unique color and light to the canvas life. We all must learn to move beyond this glass, not to be seen for ourselves�"but, like all art, to show a glimpse of the beauty and mind of the creator who allowed us to shape and color ourselves into what will one day be the finished portrait of life itself.

© 2017 Thea Angelou Benedict


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on June 25, 2017
Last Updated on June 25, 2017
Tags: Individuality, art, canvas, life, religion, God, insecurity, LGBT, poetry, love

Author

Thea Angelou Benedict
Thea Angelou Benedict

FL



About
My name is Thea Angelou Benedict, and I am a monastic--living under vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience. My heart swarms with every human emotion, but most of all with a desire for peace and an e.. more..