A Little Bird Told Me

A Little Bird Told Me

A Poem by A Hopeless Romantic
"

(idiomatic) I received the information from a source not to be overtly exposed.

"
I met a little bird once 
Its feathers dark as night. 
I swear it was a dove;
Although you may not believe me,
The little bird told me 
That the strangest things 
Can happen when in love.

© 2015 A Hopeless Romantic


Author's Note

A Hopeless Romantic
This is a short poem I wrote that can be interpreted in any way. Instead of reviews for this poem, I'd like to see your interpretation of the poem (I know it's a bit choppy). I appreciate it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, how clever and witty. I feel that the protagonist is so much in love that he or she mistook a raven for a dove, the bird who told her "the strangest things can happen when you're in love." Just one correction you could do is in second line change "it's" to "its."

Posted 9 Years Ago


A Hopeless Romantic

9 Years Ago

I appreciate it! And thank you for the grammar correction. I guess I didn't catch that.
I loved the first 4 lines of this poem. After that I lost the flow so it lost some of it's quality. I do like the imagery and meaning behind this though. I think with some editing this could be a masterpiece. Right now it's okay, good even, but it has the potential to be great. Unfortunately I don't have an interpretation for you. I was too distracted by the loss of flow after the 4th line...Thank you for sharing though, I hope to read more of your work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A Hopeless Romantic

9 Years Ago

You're right about that. When I was writing the poem, I was really contradicted about the flow. Than.. read more
RiverRei

9 Years Ago

No problem, send me a read request when you edit it, I would love to keep up with the progress :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 7, 2015
Last Updated on March 11, 2015
Tags: Dark, Light, Love, Romance, Idioms, Strange

Author

A Hopeless Romantic
A Hopeless Romantic

About
A young girl in junior high who's inexperienced in love and a little too caught up on the idea of romance. I'm my own definition of a Hopeless Romantic more..

Writing