Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by SociallyAwkward

Gif of Tom Hiddleston?

REBLOG!

Moreo guy rant...

REBLOG!

I scroll down my dash, reblogging nearly every other post, fulfilling my daily routine. If you have never been on this website, then you will not understand how addicting it is. It is like a religion. You have to follow it and the rules.

1) Never give out your URL to people you know.

2) Never log out. 

I don't even think the second one is a rule but logging out is practically impossible, so to me it is a rule. I only have about 2000 followers but I barely post, I usually just like and reblog everything.

I like to call myself a Sloth. Not just because I live on Tumblr but because I live in my room, away from society. I am a lazy s**t who only wears jeans and baggy t-shirts or pajamas.  You will never spot me in a skirt or dress as I am not girly and unless I am forced to, I never go outside.

Basically, if I had my own bathroom in my bedroom and never ending food supply, I would never leave my cave. Books, music, internet and sleep is all I need. 

If you haven't already guessed I am single. Always have been and forever will be. I am 18 and going to UNI in a few month and a boy has never looked twice at me. Ah never mind. I have the men of Tumblr to keep me happy. 

'HALLIE GET OUT OF YOUR ROOM, YOU HAVE COLLEGE!' The evil queen...only joking it is only my mother. I am so glad there is only 1 week left until the summer because then I can blog without interruptions. DAMN! New supernatural post just appeared on my dash and I can't reblog them.

Maybe just five more minutes. Or not. I hear stomping up the stairs and then my bedroom door flings open. 

'I suggest you get off of that computer now before I confiscate it!' She ordered.

'No! Not my baby.' I cried, lunging forward and attacking my laptop in a bear hug. She gives me the look and I sigh. 'Fine' I take one last look at gorgeousness that is Jensen Ackles before closing the lid of my laptop with a pout.

'College now.' I groan, standing up and throwing on a pair of jeans and a Wolverine t-shirt. I then stick a beanie on my head, grab my bag and march out of the front door. The second I am free of the house, I put my music in and head to my friends house. 

The walk is usually about 6 songs long. I don't know the exact distance, I am too busy bopping along to my music to notice.

'Heyo!' Rilee greeted, pulling a funny face. 

'Yo!' I replied. I sat on her sofa as she went to go finish getting ready. I took this opportunity to pull out my phone and open up my baby. I really do love the Tumblr app. I got so lost in the supernatural gifs from earlier, that I didn't hear Rilee come back into the room.

'Your on Tumblr again aren't you?' She remarked. 

'Never' I replied. She shook her head, laughing. She can't comment, she is just as addicted to the website as I am. 'Come on lets go to Kara's.' 

The journey to our other friends house was spent discussing Doctor Who, Sherlock and other Tumblr related things. This is natural. However the conversation also turned to UNI!

'I can't believe the three of us are going to be separated in a few months.' Rilee sighed. 

'I still can't believe we are going to UNI but yeah I have known you for 9 years and this is the first time we would have been separated.' 

I remember the first time Rilee and I met, we used to hate each other because I was never good with new people. It wasn't until we were forced to work together on a project that we realised we were alike. We have been best friends since and we have never had an argument. Unless you call our countless debates arguments.

We became friends with Kara in year 9 during a science lesson and we can't understand how it hadn't happened before because she is awesome! Also addicted to Tumblr. It was just the three of us in school after a massive argument with our old friends but we didn't care. When we came to college we met more amazing people like us and the group grew.

I don't know who was more shocked by us making friends, our parents or us. 

That was two years ago though. We are about to enter our final week. Help!

'KARA!' We cheered when she finally opened the front door.

'GUYS! How's it going?'

'Bad.' I stated. My mum tried to take away my laptop earlier.' 

'Well at least she didn't bin your IPod.' Kara replied.

'What?' Rilee gasped in shock.

'Yup. I dropped my IPod down the toilet, so I put it in a bowl of rice but my mum binned the bowl of rice. I had to dig it back and then I refused to talk to her for the rest of the day. The good news is, my IPod still works.' She explained, smiling at the end.

'I would have done the exact same thing.' I said. It's true, music is probably 80% of my life and without it I would die. 

We had our usual random conversation before we headed towards college. The morning was boring but by the time we got to lunch, the topic of Tumblr spread across our table.

'Did you see the post of the angel wearing a gas mask in Belgium?' Fabian asked.

'YES!' I shouted. 'That is so creepy!'

'If they start putting weeping angels like that in Doctor Who I might cry.' Rilee added.

'Oh and we finally convinced Em that Destiel is real.' I stated with a grin.

'Who's Destiel?' Dace asked. The rest of us looked to each other with a smirk. 

I coughed and clasped my hands together. 'Allow me to explain...'

Lunch ended to quickly and it was back to class. My final exam is on Thursday as well, so I actually have to pay attention, instead of letting my mind wonder like usual. Despite my wishes, the lesson dragged but eventually it ended and I was home again.

I threw my bag under the stairs, kicked my shoes off and ran up to my room. 

'I MISSED YOU!' I shouted, jumping on to my bed and opening my laptop. The first thing that popped up on my dash was Doctor Who posts from the recent episode. I actually cried when Matt Smith regenerated. I began reblogging and even posted a few GIFs of my own.

This should be a good evening.



© 2014 SociallyAwkward


Author's Note

SociallyAwkward
Hey, so I had this idea for a book and I was hoping you would all help but giving some feedback on it so far. I know that this isn't well written and I am poor at editing but if anyone could help me with that, it would amazing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's going kind of slow right now. Yeah, she went to friends houses then collage, so? Is that important later on?
Don't mean to sound mean, just tired. Late at night reading.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Silent Wolf

9 Years Ago

If you want , later on it could reread and give you specific things.
SociallyAwkward

9 Years Ago

That would be awesome thank you
Silent Wolf

9 Years Ago

Remind me later today and I'll do it. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 7, 2014
Last Updated on April 24, 2014
Tags: romance, prologue, love, teen, fiction, humor


Author

SociallyAwkward
SociallyAwkward

portsmouth, Hampshire , United Kingdom



About
4 things in life. Food, books, music and sleep i'm crazy that's all you need to know. You can read my stories on wattpad too. You just have to find them first. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by SociallyAwkward


2 2

A Chapter by SociallyAwkward


3 3

A Chapter by SociallyAwkward