1

1

A Chapter by SociallyAwkward

'ABC. It's easy as 123. Or simple as Do Re Me. ABC, 123 Ba...'

I smacked my hand down on my alarm clock and groaned. I then slowly opened my eyes looking at the time. As soon as I registered how early it was, I picked up a pillow and smacked it onto my face.

Why does college have to start so early? 

I know it is my last day but that does not mean I still want to get up at 7.00am! Then again I always believed that you went to sleep at AM and woke up at PM until my mother told me otherwise. So as usual I was on Tumblr until 3am. 

It's not my fault! Once you open up the tab, you can not close it again.

Damn I'm tired. Maybe I can just sleep for another 5 minu...

'HALLIE WAKE UP!' 

'Donald Ducks middle name is Fauntleroy!' I shouted, sitting up in my bed.

'What?' I turned to see my mum giving me a confused look. She stared at me for a moment before shaking her head. I think she has finally given up in trying to understand me. 

'Just get up it's 8 o'clock already.' She sighed and this time it was my turn to be confused.

'WHAT? No no no, it's only 7.'

'No it's 8.' She argued. I went to protest but then I looked at my clock and realised she was right. I was only supposed to fall asleep for five minuets. 

'S**t! I'm late.' I cried, standing up on my bed and jumping around in a panic. 

'Well I guess this is your lucky day.' Mum commented and my head snapped towards her. Again I'm confused.

'I'm running late and your telling me this is lucky?' I do not understand this woman. She doesn't understand me. I guess it makes sense. 

'Yes. I'll give you a lift but you have to be ready in 10.' She replied, disappearing down the stairs. The second she was out of the room, I slammed my door shut and rushed to get ready. 

After I was dressed, I ran downstairs to the bathroom which is something new. I never run. I attacked my bed hair with my hairbrush and eventually I was able to put it in a decent enough ponytail. At least it won't give people heart attacks now. 

When I was finally ready, I crawled into the kitchen trying to catch my breath. 

'Your seriously dying after that?' Mum quizzed, standing with her hands on her hips. 'You need to exercise more.

'Never!' I declared. I held my hand to my heart whilst she laughed at me. 

'If it's any consolation, I made you tea and toast.' After she spoke, it took me less than two seconds to get back on my feet and tackle my mum in a hug.

'Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.' 

'Well it's the least I can do. My baby is going off to Uni in a couple of months and then I won't be able to take care of her at all.' She said going all sappy on me.

'Mum, you and I both know that I am going to be useless at looking after myself but that is a good thing because you know I will always come back.' I reminded. She smiled. 

'Good to know I will forever be your maid. Come on get in the car.' She joked. I picked up my flask of tea and began to eat my toast as I followed her towards the car. 

Bring on the last day of college.

I only actually have one lesson today and we haven't got anything to do in that lesson, seeing as we have finished all of our exams. For some reason though we still have to come in. I am here though, only for the purpose of saying goodbye to my friends.

This summer I am seeing my dad in Australia and this could possibly be the last time I see my friends before we all separate off to different Uni's. It makes me sad. 

'BYE MUM!' I shouted as I stepped out of the car and slammed the door.

'Bye, stay safe.' She called back through the window.

'It's college, what's the worst that could happen?' I questioned.

'With you there? Anything.' 

'True.' I replied after thinking about it for a moment. 

I made my way into college and towards my first and last class in this place. The lesson was boring. All we did was watch a film and a really bad film at that. 

Luckily Fabian was in the same class as me, so we just talked about random stuff for the entire time. I think I might cry after today, I don't want to leave my friends behind.

I may be 18 but I am not mature to move out and live by myself. I can barely cook toast.

I am the sort of person, who in difficult situations, will look around for an adult and then realise that I am the adult. Then I panic.

'Think about it this way.' Fabian began.' Your university and my university are only half an hour apart, so on weekends, we can just take turns visiting one another or we could just meet in the middle.' 

'I suppose. It still won't be the same.' I sigh, dropping my head onto the table. 'I don't wanna grow up.'

'Who does?' He asked.

'Idiots.'

The only decent thing that will come out of going to university is that I get to live in London. Loads of famous people go to London. Lots of conventions are in London. Everything cool happens in London. 

Plus I am doing a film and media course which will be awesome. I would love to be in the film industry or create a rocking website. 

See, I am not a complete waste of air. At least I know what I want to do with my life.

'Come on Hal, lets go to lunch.' Fabian said, an hour later when the lesson finally ended.

That's it. That was my lesson. Done. Finished. OVER! I am officially a free person. Now I have to say goodbye...I DON'T WANT TO BE FREE! 

'Hallie where were you?' Rilee asked, the second we stepped into the canteen.

'Lesson?' I said, it coming out as more of a question. Where did she think I was?

'I meant this morning.' She corrected.

'Oh...I woke up late and mum gave me a lift. Sorry I forgot to text...oh my god!' I said, stopping the second I realised something.

'What?' Everyone chorused and I froze in horror. 'I-I...'

'Spit it out.' Dace urged. 

'I LEFT MY PHONE AT HOME!' I finally said, causing everyone to huff.

'Really that's your big 'oh my god'?' Em whined. 'I thought it was something important.

'IT IS IMPORTANT! It means I don't have my portable Tumblr and I haven't even been on Tumblr this morning. This is a nightmare. Curse you alarm clock for not going on snooze.' I ranted to myself. 

Everyone stared at me before Kara made a comment. 'I have no idea how you are going to survive UNI.'

'Or get a boyfriend.' Dace added.

'Hey! That may be true but that was uncalled for.' I pouted and he shrugged. I sat down on my chair and crossed my arms in protest. I can't believe I left my phone at home. The one thing I always make sure I remember every morning and today I forgot it.

The conversation quickly turned to summer and the end of our college years. Those whole 2 years.

'When is your flight to Australia?' Rilee asked.

'Sunday at 6am. I know what your thinking...how on earth is she going to be on time to make the flight. Well I will have you know that I don't plan on going to sleep' I explained. 'Mum said we have to leave at 2am and I am usually still on Tumblr thens so I will stay awake and then just sleep on the plane.'

'I wasn't thinking about that at all actually but cool story bro.' 

'I can't believe you are going to be away for the entire summer. What are we supposed to do without you!' Em frowned. I feel loved. 

'Sorry guys but I haven't seen my dad in years. Besides we can always Skype.' I reminded, taking a bite of my sandwich, Fabian just bought for me. 

'And when will you find time to do that. Once you get past the time differences, there is still the battle of getting you off of the internet.' Kara said. She has a point.

'Well I will just get my dad to drag me off of the internet to find time to talk to you guys. Seriously though, this isn't like I'm just not going to see you for the summer, I am not going to see you after either. It will probably be Christmas before I next see most of you again, of course I am going to find time to talk to you.'

Everyone looked to one another and finally Dace spoke. 'Fine but we are holding you to that.' 

See this is why I love my group of friends. We all care for each other and we hate the idea of leaving one another. I never thought I would be this close to a group of people in a million years.

Mainly because I hate people.

'Right we need a group photo.' Em announced, standing up and grabbing her camera from her bag. 

'Urgh but I am allergic to the camera.' Rilee protested and I had to hold back a laugh. 

'Today you aren't.' 

We all got up and headed outside into the sun. I don't see it often enough, I really should make a promise to myself to get out more. Of course I will still have a set amount of time to fulfill my internet needs.

After setting the camera up and putting it on timer, we all gathered together and took several photos. Some serious, some funny and some just us acting 'natural'. I then pulled out my own Polaroid camera, which I carried with me at all times and placed it on the tripod.

That's the other thing I am interested in, photography. I like taking photos, I like experimenting and capturing a moment. It sounds cheesy I know. It gives me a good enough excuse to actually go outside though. 

The past few months I have being taking a lot of photos of our group. I plan on sticking them up in my uni room so I have my memories right by me. 

We took the photo and once it printed out, I waited for it to show up and when it did I smiled. It was a great photo and it made me even more upset about leaving.

'Guys I am going to miss you so much.' I murmured, holding back the tears.'

'Awww Hal. We will miss you too. I am going to miss all of you.' Kara croaked, pulling us all into a group hug.

Soon it was time to go. We all shared a last hug and said our goodbyes. That took a long time. I am not going to lie, I actually cried but pretty much the whole group did, except for Dace because apparently he is, and I quote, 'Badass.' I think we should just continue letting him think that.

Eventually I was pulled away and heading home with Fabian by my side. 

'I can't believe it is all over.' He said.

'Neither can I. I just hope I get the grades I need to actually get into Uni. Otherwise all this crying would be for nothing.' 

'Me too. Well this is my stop. I'll see you soon Hal, you better call because I might just have to fly over to Australia and kick you in the a*s if you don't.' He joked and we both laughed. 

'I promise. I'll see you soon okay.' We hugged and then we went our separate ways. 

Once I was home, I went up to my room and sat on my bed. It found it strange that I didn't open up Tumblr straight away. I was just too in thought to do anything. I am at the stage where I want to leave but I don't want to leave.

Someone knocked on my door and I knew it was my mum. No I am not psychic. It is just, my mum, my older brother and I who live here and right now my brother is away on holiday. So if it is not my mum, I should be worried. 

The door opened and thankfully it was my mum. 

I let out of breath of air, I did not know I was holding. Did I really just scare myself into thinking someone had broke into the house? Probably.

'Hey Hal, how was your last day?' 

'Good, sad.' I admitted and she came and sat on my bed next to me. 

'I know it is scary growing up but we all have to do it. You will see your friends again soon.' She assured

'I hope so.' 

'And you never know, you might even find yourself a boyfriend in Uni.' She teased.

'Mummm.' I whined, burying my face in my hands. 

'Come on.' She laughed. 'How about we start packing these boxes and then maybe i'll let you actually stay on the internet all night for once.' 

'LET'S GO!' I shouted, suddenly feeling excited. What has the internet done to me? 

Mum and I spent the afternoon, packing my suitcase for Australia and then packing up some boxes with things I planned on taking to Uni. It was quite depressing boxing up all of my stuff. My room will literally become a spare room now, not my room. We also had bin bags filled with stuff that I no longer needed, old stuff that I grew up with.

I never realised how much stuff I owned. 

My favourite box to pack was my cameras. I have a collection of old and new style cameras. Most of them I don't even use. I just think they look pretty and they just fascinate me. 

It was nearly midnight by the time we finished packing. We did stop to have KFC for dinner in between though. Man I love me some KFC.

For some reason I feel really mature today. I don't like it. It is weird.

Now I have my laptop set up though and I am once again reblogging my life away.

Sherlock gifs.

Reblog

Cute, funny cats.

Reblog

Everyone's lives should be like this. Everyone should be on Tumblr because tumblr knows all and Tumblr is the home of all the awesome people.

I searched the marvel tag and went on a reblogging spree on that. Man I love Marvel, Spider man is my all time favourite film and nothing will change that. Plus Andrew Garfield is hot!

As usual I lost track of time and by the time I looked at my clock, it was already past 3 in the morning. Well at least I don't have to get up early tomorrow. 

Mum is planning on taking me out for the day as a goodbye thing but still I don't have to wake up to an alarm. 

Just as I was about to close my computer lid down, I refreshed the page one last time. That's when it appeared. That little red box with the one in the middle, signalling I had a new message.

I never get messages.

My blog mainly consists of reblogging, instead of posting my own stuff, so no one pays attention to me. Yeah I have quite a few followers but that doesn't mean I know why.

I clicked on the box and waited for the page to load. Finally the message appeared and I read it over. It made me smile, it me feel all warm and weird. 

I love your blog, it makes me smile. Maybe we can talk sometime.

~ BritishAussieFanboy ~



© 2014 SociallyAwkward


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on April 7, 2014
Last Updated on April 24, 2014
Tags: romance, love, hate, secrets, lies, tumblr, internet, chick lit, teen, fiction


Author

SociallyAwkward
SociallyAwkward

portsmouth, Hampshire , United Kingdom



About
4 things in life. Food, books, music and sleep i'm crazy that's all you need to know. You can read my stories on wattpad too. You just have to find them first. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by SociallyAwkward


2 2

A Chapter by SociallyAwkward


3 3

A Chapter by SociallyAwkward