Azure

Azure

A Story by Valandil93
"

Is love as powerful as the violence needed to overcome evil? The final assualt by two lovers against the odds.

"

Bullets riddled the wall of the room that lay in the middle of the tower. Surrounding the tower were seas of flame, and a black forest that overlooked the brood expanse around the Queen's dark residence. Midway up the metal tower was the dome room in which the battle took place. The inner walls were bright white, a sharp contrast to the dark silver on the other side. Inside the room (about 20 meters everyway) were soldiers, armed to the teeth with ammunition, weaponry, and armor. They wore deep crimson armor to hide their wounds so their enemy couldn't see their injuries. However, this time their enemy knew all. Inside with them was a rebel, skilled in fighting these men all his life, and destined to kill the Queen that sat on the top floor. He had on dark blue body plates to protect himself from the bullets and blades, a large cloak to hide his weapons in, and a mask to conceal his face.

Their fight was a harsh one, even though he was outnumbered ten to one. He quickly sprinted around the circular room, dodging the bullets as they pierced the walls behind him. As he neared an enemy, he drew a knife, which he took from his last victim and impaled it through the gaps in between the soldier's armor, causing instant death as the man collapsed to the floor. The Rebel continued this until all of them were down but one. What was a rapid pace was now slowed to a crawl. The two locked eyes and stood still, eight feet apart. They studied each other's movements, ready to attack.

Outside the still room, was a young girl sitting up against a statue that stood outside the door and below the staircase to the upper story. As long as she was behind the statue, it shielded her from any bullets that penetrated the wall from within the room. She was waiting outside for the love of her life, the Rebel. Compared to her, he was bear-like in figure, for she was small and slender. She accompanied the Rebel in all of his missions, and this one was no different. She would stay outside the room, and greet him as he came out victorious. But at that moment she waited. Her jet-black hair draped her face as she sat patiently.

Inside, both men stood facing each other. The soldier had only his sword in his hands, while the Rebel was holding nothing. Many guns lay at their feet, dropped by the dead who also littered the floor. Suddenly, the Rebel reached down and grabbed a shotgun, but before the soldier had time to lunge at him, the Rebel had shot him in the leg. The soldier fell down and yelled at the top of his lungs. Fear of death engulf him as the Rebel approached him and kneeled, holding the shotgun to the downed soldier's throat.

"Don't kill me!" The soldier said between short yelps of pain.

"How many more are there?"

"Twenty…they are guarding the upper floors," the solder responded hoping to find trust in the Rebel.

"Why aren't they coming down to kill me now? Why are they waiting for me to go to them?"

"The Queen enjoys watching you fight."

"There are cameras in the rooms?"

"Everywhere," he responded, using the little strength he had left to point at a small lens on the ceiling. The Rebel took his shotgun off of the soldier's neck and pointed it at the camera.

"Is she watching now?"

"She can't hear us, but she can see us." Almost in reflex the Rebel shot the camera, destroying it.

"If I let you live," The Rebel said looking the soldier in the eyes, "will you help me?"

"Yes."

"Go up the flight of stairs and through the door to the next room."

"They would think I'm you and they'll kill me."

"They will waste ammo and be confused. It's the only thing that'll help me. Otherwise I might as well kill you now." The soldier nodded and got up to his feet. The Rebel picked up a machine gun for the soldier to use as a walking stick. The Rebel commanded him to stay in the room until he motioned for him to come out.

As he opened the door, the girl ran to him and hugged him with a huge smile.

"I knew you'd come out alive," she said, a tear streaming down her face, "What took so long?"

"Stand behind me and close your eyes," the Rebel responded, looking into her face, "and you'll be alright." He motioned for the solider to come out of the room and travel up the stairs. Limping, he did what the Rebel said and stood behind the door of the upper room, waiting for more orders.

"You're killing him," she whispered to the Rebel, realizing what the his plan was.

"I didn't want to murder a man who had no chance to fight back. This is all he could do to help us. I don't trust him with you, and if I let him free, the Queen would command her men to kill him."

"How does she know what happened?" the girl asked.

"There are hidden cameras everywhere. She might be able to see us now. Listen to me," he said as he grabbed her shoulders, "do as I say, and everything will be alright."

"Don't die."

"I won't," the Rebel said as he removed his mask. They kissed, and as he put it back on, the girl stepped back afraid to see the upcoming slaughter. The Rebel walked halfway up stairs, ready to go into the room after the attack. He motioned him to go in, and as he opened the door and stepped into the room, nothing happened and there was silence.

"There is no one in the room attacking the soldier…" The Rebel muttered to himself. Confusion struck all three of them as fear started to sink in.

"Hide!" Yelled the Rebel to the girl. He didn't know what was about to happen, and the last thing he wanted was for his love to get injured. A snapping noise started to erupt above the soldier as he stood still. Suddenly, the ceiling above them collapsed onto the soldier and many enemies came storming into the hall down from the opening. The girl retreated into the previous war-torn room as the Rebel defended the stairs. Bullets danced through the hallway and pierced the walls. Vigorously, the Rebel attacked the oncoming waves, violently thrashing his knife and unloading a shotgun into anything that moved amidst the gruesome chaos that unfolded upon the stairs.

The girl, now surrounded by the bodies of the last battle, sat in the corner of the dome room, huddled up and leaned against the cold , white wall. The ground she sat on was damp with blood. She didn't try to imagine what it looked like outside the room. She waited there, gun blazing and knives clashing outside. The yells and gunshots boomed throughout the hall, while only quietness occupied the dome room.

For what seemed like hours was only minutes, but finally the noise outside stopped. This could mean two things to the girl: One, her love was victorious and killed every one of the soldiers in the ambush; Or two, the solders completed their job. These thoughts escaped into her head each and every time silence emerged after a battle, and this time was no different. She couldn't see the staircase from where she sat, but only what lay directly in front of the open door.

A shuffling noise broke the silence. Through the bullet holes, the girl could see a figure rising from the ground. Into the door frame the Rebel limped. His blue cloak was now a deep purple, and his once shiny armor was now dull and scared. He stood in the door frame, looking at the ground and not making a sound. He held his left shoulder with his right hand, while his left hand grasped his side. Taking baby steps he slowly stepped into the dome room, toward the girl.

Tears started to stream from her eyes at the sight of the dying mass standing in front of her. The Rebel continued to walk toward her, his head still hanging downward and not making a sound. Drips of bloods fell from his chest, although his wounds were hidden by his cloak. His disfigured helmet rose as he tried to make eye contact with her. For only about a second, their eyes met. The Rebel had time to smile at the sight of his love before tripping and collapsing onto the floor, causing a ripple on the crimson liquid that lay under him. The girl got up and ran toward the body. The Rebel didn't move, but just laid there, not making any movements. The girl put her harms around her love, and hugged his body passionately.

"I love you," she said as she grabbed his hand. Trying to feel his pulse, she heard noise coming from the stairs outside.

"No…" the girl muttered as no pulse was felt. Lifting the helmet off of his head, she kissed his face one last time and slowly laid the corpse down. Her eyes darted to the door frame as a single set of footsteps made it's way down the stairs. Into the door frame walked the Queen: an elderly, thin and unattractive woman wearing an emerald dress.

"Finally defeated," the Queen said with a sort of whimsical tone, "your true love is. You know, we've been trying to get rid of you two for quite some time. However, I guess it's over." The Queen stood ten feet in front of the girl, and looked into her eyes, "I guess your only choice is to surrender, dear."

"Is that my only choice?" The girl responded while picking up a shotgun that lay in front of her, "You know, Queen, we've also been trying to get rid of you for a long time. However I guess it's over!" Without a pause, the girl aimed the shotgun at the Queen and pulled the trigger.

BAM!

What remained of the Queen dropped to the floor, and the girl got up and walked out of the dome room and continued on out of the tower.

© 2011 Valandil93


Author's Note

Valandil93
I wrote this in 9th grade, which is why it might seem a little juvenile.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on July 10, 2011
Last Updated on July 10, 2011

Author

Valandil93
Valandil93

CA



About
I write from the heart when I'm inspired more..

Writing