Opening of Dark Paradise

Opening of Dark Paradise

A Story by Valargrim
"

A soldier battling across the stars. To lay down his helmet one last time. For he found what he was looking for. The one place that he desires most. Paradise.

"

Hal Cluster - Zone 7

Date: January 5th, 5032

Falling into the atmosphere. The world coming up. Seeing the glow of the pulse. One last second to watch my world burn. The ashes rise up. Stabilizing trajectory. Landing amongst the ruins. The sky’s ablaze.  Starships falling. Nothing can stop the beating of the drums. The coms are filled with the need. The drive to move forward. Barking orders from the leadership long since evaporated in the toxic cloud of what use to be the operations divisions. As the last echoes fill the radio waves only one sentence rises above the screams, “Truth has awakened.” The soldier, with a reserved sigh, opens his helmet and takes a deep breathe of the Miasma. “Paradise…. Just a taste.”

© 2014 Valargrim


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's trite but i like it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 16, 2014
Last Updated on February 17, 2014
Tags: Sci-Fi, Starships, Battles, Dark Paradise

Author

Valargrim
Valargrim

MA



About
Who am I? A tough story to fit in a box. I'm not really a fan of boxes. They confine us. We are writers. Why should we be placed in boxes? We write about hopes, dreams, and aspirations. Of our own or .. more..

Writing
Opportunity Opportunity

A Story by Valargrim