Chronicles of Dark Paradise: Truth's General

Chronicles of Dark Paradise: Truth's General

A Story by Valargrim
"

Truth stumbles upon the ancient evil and unleashes it upon the world. He cowardly hides and is seeking another to fight for him. A General with an Iron Code.

"

Ages ago. Before our world was born. Truth, in his curiosity, stumbled into the Darkness. Intrigued by another sentient being that matched his intellect. He experimented. One experiment after another. Escalating. The Darkness became angry. Truth’s arrogance led him to war. From the Darkness stepped a Demon. A vicious creature. Other Demons to this day tremble in remembrance. The Demon laid waste to the cosmos. Billions of stars succumbed. Truth was on the run. In hiding he came upon a lowly peasant. The peasant had no name and did not know his origins. A simple glow surrounded him. An unnatural distortion in the fabric of reality. Truth offered him fame and riches. The man refused these petty things. Arcing his hand out, “Do you see these people? They work diligently. Day in and day out. Fearing that they too will fall to heel under the Demon. All I ever want is to give them hope. A dream like they have never seen before. To lift the darkness.” Truth taken back, “You do realize what this means? There will be no return for you. Alone amongst the stars. A war for eternity.” The man looks Truth in the eye, “What am I but a single man? Look around. I am alone. What difference does it make if I am amongst the stars or down here working my fingers to the bone?”

© 2014 Valargrim


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on March 23, 2014
Last Updated on March 23, 2014
Tags: Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Battles, Dark Paradise

Author

Valargrim
Valargrim

MA



About
Who am I? A tough story to fit in a box. I'm not really a fan of boxes. They confine us. We are writers. Why should we be placed in boxes? We write about hopes, dreams, and aspirations. Of our own or .. more..

Writing
Opportunity Opportunity

A Story by Valargrim