By a Single Thread

By a Single Thread

A Story by Vampyrica1995

My sweet Amber, there are many women in the world, but none are as beautiful or as wonderful.  You are in every world I have been to and we fall in love in every world only to be ripped away from each other again and again.  You don’t understand how awful it is for me that every time we meet, that I am already infatuated and you, oh sweet, sweet you, are just at the beginning.  I do not know why it is that I am thrown from world to world, but it always seems to bring me to you, as if all of time and space intended for us to meet and fall for each other.  Which begs the question, is this just some cruel game the universe is trying to play?  Why must he torture me so, for even though I feel alive with you, I fall into loneliness and die when you are torn from me?  Oh, sweet Amber, I just wish that for once we could fall for each other and remain together without me being pulled away, but that day will never come.  I am doomed to be thrown into and ripped from worlds until I perish.

Each drift is always the same, too.  One moment, I seem to be floating outside of time and space and, then, the next, I am in the midst of a brand new world where the perpetual task of you and I falling in love may begin once more.  I wander about ever so carefully, as to not disturb the natural order of things.  I gain my bearings and try to figure out which era I have been sent into.  Sometimes I am sent forwards into the near or distant futures, or sometimes into the past.  No matter where I end up, though, it’s never long until you show up.  You always appear right as I begin to search.  You walk by me, and in an instant where time seems to slow to a near stop, our eyes meet.  Oh, this is one of the best and worst feelings I experience.  The feeling of love at first sight is almost staggering, until I realize the heartbreaking fact that, after we fall for each other, I will have to start over again.  Then, you approach me and begin to make small talk and eventually, after several other insignificant events, we find ourselves dancing, dancing under the stars and the moonlight.  This night is always a beautiful night.  Bright stars, no clouds, and the best feature, is the lunar eclipse.  The beautiful ambiance of the red-moon sky is enough to lull anybody into love.  Then, the worst part comes.

Right as our lips are about to touch, under the blood-moon sky, I am ripped from your world.  There is no pain in the tear, well, at least no physical pain.  I am left physically unscathed, but mentally scarred.  Every time I hear that awful sound, the sound of shattering glass, I know my time with you is up and oh do I loathe it so.  One would think I would be used to the tear by now, but I am not.  I always get lost within your eyes.  I forget about the fact that I am to be torn away from you.  The sight and feeling of your hands sliding out of mine as I am ripped away is enough to make a man wish for death.  It never comes, though, just more pain and sorrow.

This time, I was not thrown into a new world.  I-is this the death I had been hoping for?  No.  I am way too coherent to be dead.  It’s worse than the toil of earlier, at least back then I got to look forward to falling in love with you, but not here.  Here there is nothing.  Just darkness.  Just the void.  Am I being left to die?  Or am I being left to live eternity with nothing, no one or anything?  It’s just me…floating in the shadow of nothingness…

I awake to a sound.  A faint sound.  A distant sound.  There it is again!  And again!  The sound draws nearer.  What could it be?  It sounds vaguely familiar.  It-it can’t be…it’s your sweet voice calling to me.  Where are you?  I can’t see you!  I want to see you!  The blackness of the void, suddenly, showed an image of you from the first time we met, as if it were on a screen.  Then, another appears.  Then, another.  And another.  Soon, I am surrounded by your image.  Hundreds, thousands, millions of your image all calling out for me!  Suddenly, all of the screens shatter and out of the falling debris of glass and sparks emerges you.  Floating there all by your lonesome.  That is why we were bound to each other.  We were both lost in the void, but now, we have found each other.  I float over to you and utter softly,

“Don’t be afraid anymore, my love.  I am here now and we can be together in eternity.”

© 2014 Vampyrica1995


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is pretty good. I can see the lovers being incarnated over and over again..and finally ending up together in enternity. You put it very nicely.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on March 2, 2014
Last Updated on March 2, 2014
Tags: by, a, single, thread, shattered, glass, world, love, i, you, die, afraid, do, not, don't drift, dancing, eternity, anymore

Author

Vampyrica1995
Vampyrica1995

Painesville, OH



About
My name is James, I enjoy writing poems, short stories and write and draw some of my own comics. I am 18 years of age and hope to become a high school English teacher. Works that inspire my storie.. more..

Writing