Crawl

Crawl

A Story by Varianth
"

A student at graduation feels something crawling up his leg just as he's about to step out onto the stage.

"
[Prompt: It’s graduation day and your name has been called out. You’ve just stepped foot onto the stage, but you feel something crawling at the back of your upper thigh. It’s crawling higher. You’re wearing your gown, so the crowd can’t see what’s happening on your leg.]

What the hell is that.

William kept his perma-fake smile plastered across his face as he rigidly stepped across the stage. He could feel the tiny legs making their way rhythmically up his spine. This wasn't good. He blinked unusually at the Dean who seemed a bit concerned with his strange, serial killer like grin but smiled warmly as he shook his hand and placed the sheet of paper with his Bachelor degree into his hand. 

"Good luck son." The dean said through his warm smile.

William walked as briskly as he could with the creeping getting closer and closer to his neck. He wanted to move as quickly as possible but could feel the chill spiking up and down his spine with each step.

I gotta get this bloody thing off as soon as possible. 

He smiled at the usher who waved him towards his seat and mouthed his intentions to go to the bathroom. The usher's warm smile dropped as he nodded towards the seat urging him to sit down as quickly as possible. 

What's this guys problem, I just need to get this thing off just to check what the hell this is.

The usher walked forward and grabbed William's arm and urged him to sit with an iron grip just above his elbow. William forgot about the crawling for a moment as he let out a whimper, feeling the ushers finger's digging into his arm.

 The usher's towering form and impassive expression made William recoil. This mountain of a man looked down at him before speaking.

"Just sit down and don't make a scene. I can see it and I'll fix it for you."

William looked back at the man confused and nodded slowly as he walked back to the seat sitting next to one of the people who had also finished the course like him but hadn't been in any of his classes.

He looked forward, listening to the other names being called and tried to focus feeling the creeping moving up and down his back again. He couldn't concentrate. He looked around at his peers, the sea of black gowns in front and behind him. There he saw a girl sitting two rows in front of him, shifting uncomfortably in her seat much like he was. She turned around and looked at him, feeling his eyes burning into her back.

Wait a second, how did she know that he was looking at her. Her eyes pleaded for help as she looked back at him. She pointed to her back, knowing that she couldn't see what was crawling up and down her spine but knew that from his angle he'd be able to see it clearly. She pulled her platinum blonde hair aside as casually as possible, giving a clear view of the nape of her neck to William. There peaking out the top of her gown was a small metallic spider like creature. A red light shone briefly before creeping under her skin.

© 2016 Varianth


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on April 18, 2016
Last Updated on April 20, 2016
Tags: crawl, scifi, graduation, school

Author

Varianth
Varianth

Writing
The Wrong Bag The Wrong Bag

A Chapter by Varianth


White White

A Chapter by Varianth


Revolting Revolting

A Chapter by Varianth