The Wrong Bag

The Wrong Bag

A Chapter by Varianth
"

Somehow, they managed to open a suitcase that didn't belong to them.

"
"Who carries talcum powder in a zip lock bag? That's just inefficient. What happens if -" Demi scoffed at the obvious ridiculousness of what was in her hands. 


"It's not Talcum powder you idiot! Put it back- Oh my God you didn't try to use that did you?" Riley's hand darted out and snatched the back from Demi's hands. 


"Well yeah, it actually smells kinda-" Demi froze. Everything slowed. The particles in the air lazily passing her by. The world's colors pulsed as she looked at her roommate. Riley's eyes were wide with disbelief. His movements were slow and immediately, without thought of her own actions, Demi's hand rocketed and smashed a handful of white powder into Riley's nostrils but also into his mouth. He coughed with his eyes closed and in that moment he could see the tiny particles of spittle flying out of his mouth along with a glob of white powder leave his mouth.


"Oh crap what did you do Demi?" Riley screamed as his voice struggled to maintain his usual monotonous tone.


Riley turned around and looked at the suitcase. There sitting snuggly within the sleek black suitcase were a few items. Most of the items in the bag had been split up in small zip locked bags and he could see that whoever's bag he had taken they were planning for a party. A really strange drugged up party and now he had just ingested some of their fun as well as spit some of it up onto the ground. He blinked his eyes once or twice trying to get stock of the situation and realized that on the third blink that time had skipped forward. It was no longer mid afternoon as he couldn't feel the burning sensation of the sun on his back as when he had just opened the suitcase. He turned and looked out the window. Night. Midnight at least. He looked up at the stars and knew that he had immediately made a mistake. His mind couldn't comprehend the thousands of burning lights in the sky. He turned quickly and looked across at Demi who had been standing there watching him quietly.


"What did we do?"


"What did we do? What did YOU do?" He walked carefully towards the suitcase not wanting to lose another day to this seemingly drug filled insomnia that he couldn't explain nor would he want to fathom knowing all well that if he even tried he'd be lost for days.


There sitting on the inside of the lid of the suitcase was a small black envelope. Strange as he hadn't noticed it before. He grabbed the envelope and turned it around. There on the back was a small black wax seal with a tiny insignia of a raven. He slid his finger under the seal and pulled the black sheet of paper out of the envelope. What would've otherwise looked like a black sheet of paper shimmered brightly in his hand. The words as far as he could tell, were glowing waiting for him to read. 


Riley. Demi. I knew your curiosity would get the better of you. Take the rest of the bags and split them up as detailed below. Don't blink because that only speeds up the process of the white. Try not to screw around too much but when you've taken everything come find me. Right now you won't get it but you will.

- K


© 2016 Varianth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on May 1, 2016
Last Updated on May 1, 2016
Tags: suitcase, white, short story, misunderstanding, black, letter, drugs, reality, unexpected, fivehundred20


Author

Varianth
Varianth

Writing
White White

A Chapter by Varianth


Revolting Revolting

A Chapter by Varianth


Boiler Room Boiler Room

A Chapter by Varianth