White

White

A Chapter by Varianth
"

A strange letter sends Lucas on an errand.

"
"I thought people would enjoy the fort I made." Kate sighed to herself. She had put more effort into this corner of the party than anywhere else. She admired her handiwork. The blankets had been attached to the ceiling light really giving the fort a height unlike any other she had made before. Perhaps she was too old to make forts like this and couldn't help but feel this would be the end of this portion of her personality. Her friends, who had all decided to do as their pleased at the party didn't even seem to realize that she had left. 


Lucas felt his heart exploding in his chest. The suitcase that was thrust into his arms hours ago only read, get to the fort with an explicit and graphic in their details of how he would die if he didn't get to the fort. The black sheet of paper that accompanied the normal note attached to it confused him but he was torn. Kate's party was tonight. How the hell was he meant to get to a fort and be there for the girl of his dreams. He looked at the invite and let out a whimper at the decision he had to make. Wait a second. Pillow fort. That could work. Right? 


What Lucas hadn't counted on was the fact that he would have a strange run in with Kate now. Truth be told he hadn't spoken to Kate in years. She'd invited him for whatever reason and now he was sitting here in a fort hearing her speak her mind, giving some kind of soliloquy. 


His phone buzzed and he cursed the sender quietly. Not now. She'd definitely heard that. 


"Hello?"


A rustle of the blankets and there she was looking at him sheepishly apologizing for being there for the moment. She looked at him embarrassed but was glad to find him here in her awesome creation. 


"I'm so sorry Kate. I didn't-"


"S'ok. Glad someone's in here. Why didn't you say you were here to begin with?"


He caught his breath within him and laughed. This explanation would be a laugh and she'd walk out of here and probably never invite him to a party again. 


"Uh. A note told me to find a fort. Tonight. Or die a graphic death. So... Wait give me a second." 


He apologized and looked down at the text confused. It all it said was, give the phone to Kate.


Lucas passed the phone to Kate which rang instantly as it reached her hand. 


"Hello?" 


"Take the white and read the black sheet. Your journey begins."


© 2016 Varianth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on May 1, 2016
Last Updated on May 1, 2016
Tags: white, short story, blanket fort, crush, party, drugs, coincidence, journey, letter, relationships, fivehundred20


Author

Varianth
Varianth

Writing
The Wrong Bag The Wrong Bag

A Chapter by Varianth


Revolting Revolting

A Chapter by Varianth


Boiler Room Boiler Room

A Chapter by Varianth