Forever Fades Away

Forever Fades Away

A Story by Varissa Darke

    "Don't..." The silent and pleading whisper brought nothing on my soul. The thought made me chuckle to myself a bit. What soul?

      I threw my head back and took and let my nostrils fill with the sweet, yet bitterly cold winter air. When me head fell back down, I buried my open mouth into the neck of my helpless victim. She cried out in pain, but I quickly stopped her with a sudden crack from her neck. The screaming stopped. Her blood turned cold, and I walked away, leaving her laying an a bloody pool with her neck full exposed and her black eyes crying out in a silent pain.

       I kept walking. I killed her too early and wasn't able to get enough blood. My stomach ached with a yearning pain. I need more.

       I headed into the woods nearby the park where I had just caught my last victim. I couldn't hunt in the same spot more than once. People around here get suspicious easily. It was getting too late. I had to find shelter soon. I needed to be quick.

       I suddenly stopped in my tracks at a small cry. I looked down and saw a small boy with his hand trapped under my foot. I lifted my foot and kneeled down beside him. "Are you ok?" I asked him, using a soft and calm voice, designed to lure in children. He nodded, wiping a tear from his eye. "Are either of you parents around?" He shook his head. "I don't no where my mommy went!" He cried out, suddenly  wrapping his arms around me. I know where his my mommy went.

      I was at the perfect angle. It only took one slight jerk. "What are you doing, Mister?" The little boy's eyes suddenly turned wide. He'd seen my fangs. I didn't know what to say. The boy had let go of me. He was running off, but I was too dazed to run after him automatically.

     I got up to my feet and began to run after him. He was just a small boy. I could catch up easily. But he had gotten so much of a lead.

      The wind stung my face as I chased him. Trees flew past me. I was so close. I reached out and finally took ahold of his shoulder, but lost my footing. I found myself flying on top of him. His back suddenly snapped under my weight. Oh god. It had killed him right away, but I needed the blood. Either way, I'll die.

      I quickly dove into an open wound from where his back had actually torn. The blood was so cold and made my stomach turn over and over. I wanted to puke. I couldn't take in any more.

        I rolled over onto my back beside the boy. I heard footsteps. "Oh god." A voice said. "Grab the boy." All I saw were feet and the boy, practically ripped in two, being picked up. Things were getting blurry.

        Another man,a park ranger, I noticed, grabbed out a knife and held it to my throat. "They thought I was crazy. No. I know what you are and you're going to pay for it. Any last words, you filthy, bloodsucking, soulless, demon?" I shook my head. "Go ahead. Kill me. You'll be doing me a favor." The ranger grinned. "Gladly." He suddenly took the knife, and slit my throat. "That won't work!" I said, in a raspy whisper. "Deeper!" So the he went deeper, removing my head in full.

         No more cold for me. It shall be a change, perhaps not a nice one, but a change. I shall go from the icy cold Hell on Earth, to the burning fire of the real Hell.

© 2010 Varissa Darke


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing! I loved it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
1 Review
Added on May 23, 2010
Last Updated on May 23, 2010

Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing