Day 2

Day 2

A Chapter by Vasco De Mello

Day 2 Entry 4:
Many people have regaled to me the tales of Beijing, but being told is different to knowing. I spent a long time searching for the sun in the morning amongst the dense clouds, it was there somewhere, for the clouds were orange with the sunrise and I doubt that they were blushing for some other unearthly reason. So yes, the sun was most definitely somewhere. But as I searched, the clouds got thicker, till we were swallowed up never to be seen.
The story of Jonah came to mind as I sat there baffled, am I to be Jonah now? Trapped in a whale in the sky?
As I humorously contemplated the idea, the clouds were cut like a knife, in an instant my thoughts were interrupted most rudely by the sudden appearance of the ground and before I knew it we had landed, in what I can only describe as the sleeping city, where the clouds themselves have taken to rest on the ground, covering the city in its thick blanket.
My mind can only invent at what is beyond. I have seen through the windows, but I yearn to see the mysteries hidden beneath this mist. Would I find sleeping fairies to befriend or beasts that should not be disturbed.

A pity I am only here for but an hour or two. I can only watch from afar as my imagination creates rich fantasies.

I will end with a simple insight. Tea is universal, thank the heavens.
Mine flows from my cup as I explore deeper in my dwindling city.


© 2016 Vasco De Mello


Author's Note

Vasco De Mello
First Draft. First story ever actually. Looking for advice and critique, even harsh critique.
The basis is my own actual journey, but instead of writing it through my eyes, I am writing it through the eyes of a character I created. His opinions and fantastical creatures and ghosts he would meet, based on stories and legends I hear on my actual travel.
Please enjoy and tell me anything and everything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on January 13, 2016
Last Updated on January 13, 2016
Tags: day, two, landing, beijing, journey, travel, fantasy


Author

Vasco De Mello
Vasco De Mello

London, West End, United Kingdom



About
I have been reading for as long as I can remember, all kinds of stories, but the ones that excited me most were new worlds or imaginings. Reading about distant lands, fantastical creatures and strange.. more..

Writing
Day 1 Day 1

A Chapter by Vasco De Mello


Day 3 Day 3

A Chapter by Vasco De Mello