Bullied

Bullied

A Story by Vasilees Sybissyl
"

To me, even the tiniest insult is equivalent to being bullied, so I lash out the same way. Here's one such incident.

"
I am a girl of high self respect - so high, that my mother chooses to call it ego, but trust me, that's not true. So even the smallest insult, joke at my expense, anything burns me like hell. And here I am, telling the world one such incident.
So here I was, saying bye to my friends as I turned to go home, and lo and behold! the elevator's not working. Enough to piss off a tired teenager girl? Apparently not enough for the world. I turned to the stairs, and guess who I found sitting there? The plastics of the colony. And as a rule, the cool kids hate the plastics.
I am a part of the cool kids and I need you to understand that us the the plastics are different. The plastics, as the name suggests, are fake, insulting, backstabbing, and generally unpleasant. As for the cool kids, well, we simply don't care about the others. We're fine the way we are. It's not important to be popular to be cool, you just have to be happy in your own skin. Get the difference?
But back to the initial topic, the plastics were sitting on the stairs. So I plucked up enough courage and more importantly, enough attitude to face them. So I go up to them, and say, "Excuse me, if you would."
As they were sitting a little higher up the steps, I started running at full speed. Maybe they got confused by the amount of English that poured out of my mouth as smoothly as butter and could not process it (Did I mention they're dumb too?), or maybe they were just being plastics, but either way, they did not move. I was wearing bellies, like the really old, yet comfortable kind, and usually they don't have a nice grip. Guess what happened then.
I fell.
For God's sake, do tell me, why does that happen to me? My face must've been as red as a tomato that had been drinking beetroot juice and taking an overdose of hemoglobin pills along with steroids on steroids. 'Did I just make a fool of myself in front of the plastics?' I thought.
And the plastics, being typically plastics, laughed. All they did was laugh. Didn't offer me a hand and their vocal cords suddenly turned sore enough to not be able to produce the words, "Are you okay?"
'Well,' I thought, 'Think of a Shawn Mendes lyric. Quick, now.' And I thought, I quote a Shawn Mendes lyric 'She would not show that she was afraid, but being and feeling alone was too much to face. Everyone said that she so strong, but what they didn't know was that she could barely carry on. But she knew that she would be okay, so she didn't let it get in her brain.' And thus, I thought, 'I won't let it get in my brain either.'
And thus, I just said, "Ugh.. I hate my sandals." And resumed running as much like P.T. Usha as my fat thighs would allow. 
Before I continue the story, I would like to apologize to my pretty white bellies. I don't hate them, they're actually the reason I can walk. They are the chocolate in my chocolate cake. 
And now we continue. A Little Too Much finished inside my head's radio. And then I remembered a line from Jack and Jack's song, Tides. 'You gotta keep your chin up, Keep your head held high. Just forget about the bad tides, let 'em roll on by.' Honestly, the original Magcon got me through the situation. When I reached home, my mum  heard the story and discovered a bruise on my knee. It still hurts, after four days. 
That was the day I understood the true value of Teenagerposts. They are truly the truest words ever. Now, I wasn't really bullied, but as I mentioned earlier, I am a girl of high self esteem. 
But the limit was when I met them when I was returning from school the next day. We had to use the lift, and I was too tired to take the stairs just to avoid them. So I thought, 'Keep your head held high like you're chiefin' on the herb.' (Jack and Jack - Paradise), and 'Pretend that there's no one else here that we know.' (Shawn Mendes - Life of the Party) And traveled along with them. When I told my mother, she decided that I was just turning 'poor, sweet girls into villians.'
I live because of Teenagerposts and Original Magcon now.

© 2017 Vasilees Sybissyl


Author's Note

Vasilees Sybissyl
This is more of an impulsive work. I felt like writing, so here it is! Let me know what you think in the comments! Thanks in a million for reading, though! Oh, and here are the links for every song I've used in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y27UfGrBxX8 (Paradise - Jack and Jack)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIxYN4iACfM (Tides - Jack and Jack)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrJL-FSkVo (A Little Too Much - Shawn Mendes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O986FuTmQcM (Life of The Party -Shawn Mendes)

Thank you so much for reading!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The first paragraph is exactly what everyone thinks of me.My self esteem,mistaken as ego.Thank you for writing about people like that.Seemungly they are non existent.And the whole story is relatable,who havent faced this situations?


Posted 6 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

6 Years Ago

I'm so glad you could connect to this. Thank you so much for the review!!
I stayed engaged..even giggled, not out of meaness but rather because you portrayed the fall so well that I could visualize the embarrassement.. it is always good to laugh at oneself.. and what a delightfully powerful ending... well done and write on.. thank you so much for reviewing me btw...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

6 Years Ago

Oh, it was my pleasure to review you. Thank you so much for your review, I'm glad you could laugh at.. read more
This reminds me of Mean Girls quite a bit, I like the style :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Alex!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2017
Last Updated on April 10, 2017
Tags: bullied, plastics, mean girls, bully, bullies

Author

Vasilees Sybissyl
Vasilees Sybissyl

That Little Cottage, Just 'Round the River Bend, India



About
Welcome to a piece of my soul. more..

Writing