Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast

A Story by Vasilees Sybissyl
"

"No love in this world, I'm still sane, right?" - Tkay Maidza in DKLA by Troye Sivan.

"
"Distance makes the heart grow fonder, 

Was said by someone stronger 

Than me."

                       - Troye Sivan





Wanna hear a story? Trust me, you'll like it. Come on in now, take a seat. There - much better now.


There was a beauty and there was a beast. After that, all you've heard, forget it. Lies. That's what they've been feeding you for years! Here's the real story, though.

She was wrapped in his embrace that day and he was wrapped in her thoughts. The touch, the shivers, the purity was all so beautiful. She was his and he was hers. That's what you've heard. All roses and colors and fairies. But what happened after?

He felt pretty guilty too. He felt sick to the stomach as he tried to stand. He could see heartbreak on his hand. It was red and patched up already. It was a heart he was destined to break. But she was only a distraction to him. 

Listen to these tapes. Actuelly, you know what? Press forward to the time he lost the beat. To the time the fire became all smoke. To the time she found how starved she was. Starved of touches. Starved of attention. Starved of innocence. He took her breath away - she was bound to choke. Closed her eyes - there his ghost stood. Waiting. Staring. Waiting. 


She couldn't hold on anymore. She loved him but he was a disease. He was an angel, but he made heaven feel strange and unworldly and wrong. The eyes weren't blue and soothing anymore - only green. A beautiful green, but green nevertheless. She didn't belong here. She didn't belong in his embrace and he didn't belong in her thoughts. She was right next to losing her addiction, but here it was all again. 

Old stories resurfaced. Old wounds opened. Old pain stabbing once again.

She was addicted to being broken.  

So what to do now? DKLA. Don't Keep Love Around. But it hurts. It hurts so bad. Layer on layer of hurt and betrayal that came to be over the years. Beautiful...

But why am I telling you this? Well, because she's gasoline. She'll explode tomorrow. Her pieces will mingle in the air - her blood will make the water, sweeter, her scent will haunt the air for centuries. The air knows it and so does the water. You? Relish the water and praise the air's perfume. Like everyone did.

© 2017 Vasilees Sybissyl


Author's Note

Vasilees Sybissyl
What d'ya think? I mean, the Troye Sivan quote didn't really belong but I think it's true. Well, it has been true for me. Losing people is hard. The quote was meant to romanticize pain but it's a lie. Let me know what you think in the comments!

I'm the queen of vague stories. This one is pretty vague too, but only because I wanted people to fill the blanks.

Also, I wanted to say that no stories will be published by me for, like, one week, because we are going to a place with no wifi. NO WIFI. Imagine that.

Well, that's quite it. Thanks for reading!

Love,
Vasilees.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, I thought this sounded like a conversation you were having with yourself in the mirror. It did engage me, I found it interesting. The end did not really surprise me. I bet he thought she was a bit of a gas! Very original, I'll drop by again.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review!! I never would've thought of this as a conversation between me and.. read more
Great Aunt Astri

6 Years Ago

You are most welcome. I look forward to reading you new possibility
Vasilees, the best part of this and your other writings is the language. I know I've told you a million times now, and will keep on telling you, but I could actually feel your words! Especially the last line.
Truly, losing people is hard, but living with the pain is harder. It was very beautifully portrayed!
Keep writing, Vasileee!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I appreciate your words a lot.
Like seriously? Why are you killing me, you know, the beginning was amazing but, but the ending was superly, extraordinary! As you said, you are the queen of Vogue, that is true, very true. The ending lines blew me off, jaw hanging ending!!! Keep it up!!!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Vasilees Sybissyl

6 Years Ago

I'll try my best to! Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
3 Reviews
Added on September 25, 2017
Last Updated on September 28, 2017

Author

Vasilees Sybissyl
Vasilees Sybissyl

That Little Cottage, Just 'Round the River Bend, India



About
Welcome to a piece of my soul. more..

Writing