This Was Everything

This Was Everything

A Story by VassD
"

What completes you?

"
Fluidity. 
This is what he felt as he kicked and spun, going through the motions of the familiar routine. His muscles moved as one as his fists flew out in controlled punches, alternating between fast and slow, looking like a river, at once smooth and calm as a midsummer's morn, and then as furious and swift as a panther in predator's pursuit. 
It was a dance. 
Blinded, useless eyes shut, he felt the air around him with every strike. He felt the blood and power pulse behind his eyes, streaks of color and shape unrelated to anything around him creating themselves on the back of his eyelids. These were the only colors he saw anymore. But they were enough. 
With a final thrust, he froze, breathing deeply. He could feel the energy vibrating through him, every fiber of his being alive with it. It was everything. 
He heard her coming across the yard from the corner from where he knew she had been watching, where she was always watching. She took his hand as he straightened, and he smiled. He had been wrong. 
This was everything. 

© 2012 VassD


Author's Note

VassD
Another flash fiction. This one was also from the scrapped story, but from the point of view of another character. After I killed the story, I decided to keep this character because of how dynamic he was. He deserved a decent storyline.

Anyway, I wrote this not long after I watched a friend of mine doing Tai Chi. He wasn't fighting (sparring?) anyone, just doing forms, I think. It looked so cool, so I decided that I had to write a story about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on July 1, 2012
Last Updated on July 1, 2012
Tags: flash fiction, fantasy, complete, everything, purpose

Author

VassD
VassD

A tiny random town-city-dimension, ID



About
I'm a fledgling author with dreams about as big as one of Robert Jordan's books. Maybe more than one on top of each other. I love writing fantasy and science fiction stories (No matter how long a piec.. more..

Writing
Synopsis Synopsis

A Chapter by VassD