My Own Personal Horror Story

My Own Personal Horror Story

A Story by Sigyn
"

What else can a girl whose lost everything, give?

"

"Taylor, it's Kyle. It's gonna last."

 

"Aww, your so cute together!"

 

"He better buy you a valentine candygram!"

 

"He better ask you to the spring dance!"

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Their words pound in my skull, and with each new blow to my head, a new wave nausea and pain brings tears to my eyes. I quickly try to brush them away without anyone noticing. But of course, Alex notices. Alex notices everything. And sometimes, she notices too much for her own good.

 

"Taylor, are you okay?"

 

Was I okay? Did she litterally just ask me that? Oh yes! Everything's just peachy! Except the fact you said it was gonna last! That me and Kyle, we were gonna be together forever! I had dreams about weddings with that boy because of you! I want to shout at Alex. Shout at her for being a jerk, for lying to me. But I know she didn't have a clue of what to come. Of the words that were sent to me from thirty-six tiny text messages. Each one tore down my wall of emotions I had so carefully built up. So I inhale sharply, trying to resume my cold, silent demeanor I have been known to put up when I don't want to speak.

 

"I'm fine." I reply softly, twisting a strand of my dark brown on my finger.

 

Alex c***s her head. She can see right through me. My emotions are as clear as glass to her. "You were thinking about him, weren't you?"

 

I place my head on my desk. "Yeah." I mumbled, my reply muffled by the cold desk.

 

Reading is active today. Everyone is laughing, smiling, and having a heck of a time. John and Ella are the new couple of the school now. They've replaced me and Kyle. They get along alright. I can see them glancing at Mrs. Dean. Any moment now, when her back is turned, they will resume holding hands and whispering to each other.

 

Lilly and Holly are giggling. What is it now? Are the discussing who will play who in the Hunger Games movie? Or are the going on about how amazing the Justin Bieber film was again? Whatever it is, for once, I'm not entertained by their jabber.

 

The class is having fun. Everyone is having a blast.

 

Except me.

 

"Maybe he just wasn't ready for a relationship."

 

I snort. "Oh please. Don't give me that. You know I wasn't good enough for him."

 

Alex frowns. "If you think like that long enough, it'll make it true."

 

I throw my hands in the air. "Well what do you want me to do? In case you didn't notice, I was in love with that boy. Day and night, I thought about him. And now..." I am lost in that night. That night that I remember clear as day how my whole world came crashing down. Thirty-six text messages. And as I read each one, the tears fell faster and faster.

 

"He was your love story." Alex whispers.

 

I think back to him. To Kyle. His name is hard to think of. It brings a ripping sensation through my chest. He was the first person I ever truely had feelings for. I had dated twice before him. There was Bryan, and it was quick to end. It was easy to see I wasn't ready to be with anyone. Then, there was Jared. I quickly discared him as I realized I would never have a life again if I stayed with him. But Kyle...Kyle was different. Kyle brought a smile to my face everytime he spoke. Maybe he wasn't hot...but he was beautiful in my eyes. My cloudy eyes, that couldn't see into his heart. Kyle had been my everything. But when he ended it, he brought the world down on my shoulders. And then, he tried to play it off as if we could still be friends! I swallow thickly.

 

"No." I mumbled, before the tears begin to cascade down my cheeks again. "He was my own, personal, horror story."

© 2011 Sigyn


Author's Note

Sigyn
Alright, this is dedicated to the writer Jesse Booth, who told me I should make a short story out of my poem 'Nightmares'. This is the beast that was made. Remember, this is based on a depression I really went through. All real names have been replaced to keep the people in the story safe from internet freaks...and so that they won't connect I wrote about them :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Why did I never know about this?! :) This is soooo good. I really like how raw it is. You don't sweeten it or substitute for better words. That didn't matter. It's not for the story, but for the feelings that dig up to the surface. I love this.
Thank you for writing this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Why did I never know about this?! :) This is soooo good. I really like how raw it is. You don't sweeten it or substitute for better words. That didn't matter. It's not for the story, but for the feelings that dig up to the surface. I love this.
Thank you for writing this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very real and so well written. We have all been there in a way I suppose. It hurts so much and can really make a person do crazy things.....

I really like how you do a flawless job of the dialogue part. Its perfect!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 11, 2011
Last Updated on April 11, 2011

Author

Sigyn
Sigyn

Stalker...



About
I'm a little insane for you. Maybe a bit too insane. I write about supernatural beings. Whether this is vampires and werewolves, or demons and angels, believe me. The word 'normality' has no afflitati.. more..

Writing
Intro Intro

A Chapter by Sigyn