Her Peacock Dance

Her Peacock Dance

A Poem by Victoria
"

a metaphor for some things in my life lately

"
 

Her Peacock Dance



Colors so vibrant, colors bleeding the truth, colors that scream with every shade and hue... Colors so intense that the eyes cannot see, that the brain cannot comprehend and the thoughts cannot be free. A feeling like these colors, painted on the walls slammed and drpped, dropped and spilled as the paintbrush falls. Ranging from the blues to the deepest forest greens, my emotions fill this void to cover black and white and the blank space in between. So quickly, how quickly can things change? Suddenly those blues and greens become a whole new range, these colors change from cool to hot, to burning like the sun, and as I sit and simmer here its only just begun. These colors here that fill me now, that block and fill my eyes are flowing over in my soul and filling out my cries. As I watch your colors shine for everyone else in the room, I feel these colors simmer and boil and I feel impending doom. You dance the peacock dance and show your pretty tail about, everyone says ooo and ahh and my head fills up with orange doubt. These boiling colors clash and collide and burn inside my soul and as I watch you dance about the damage takes its toll. I can stifle no more my cries of pain and fear and agony as I watch and hear you flirt and dance the peacock dance, you see. The pot boils over, its just too much, I feel it broke my will, as the boiling colors, orange, and yellow all begin to spill. It burns your tail and feathers some, it hurts you as never before, and all I can do I as I try to explain is feel like I am no more. You forgive me of course but your nature cant change the peacock still needs to dance and this pot that fills with the hot boiling lava never had the chance. The cycle starts over the dance begins again and the peacock is beautiful to everyone. The colors are vibrant they are intense and profound, and they are constantly changing with the peacock around.

© 2011 Victoria


Author's Note

Victoria
im a beginner but i would love any constructive critisism

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is absolutely amazing. I keep reading it over and over because of the feelings it illicits. Fantastic work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 23, 2011
Last Updated on January 23, 2011

Author

Victoria
Victoria

Morrilton, AR



About
me? well, i am: A lover A fighter A sister A daughter A friend A bisexual A music junkie A girlfriend/wifey A gamer An artist And most importantly an individual. any questions? ask! more..

Writing