Making it count

Making it count

A Poem by Vidyashree
"

The nights make it count, keeping it real, unfiltered, and purposeful without an agenda.

"

It is about the lonely night, it is about the calm night, it is about the night that lets you feel.

It makes way for you to pour in from the skies breathing silence, allowing you to burst out loud with no one to hear. Like the dew drops falling into the shimmering night only for the wind to take notice, the sky to see and the earth to feel. The tiny little droplets take time to settle down. And once they find their corner, they catch up on their breath before they can even recognize their form or anything else. That’s the beauty of falling into the night, you let yourself settle down. You allow yourself to exhale into the calm air. You begin to warm up to the wintry surroundings and you ease in to feel the pain.

The pain is comforting in the night. It lets your heartbeat again, fully for yourself to hear amidst the silence, amidst the comforting lonely night.


 It’s when your heart prods you with some questions and your fingers answer them for you, for they know how brightness can dim your light and nights can make you shine brighter. For they speak the truth when they say, not every sunny day is a happy one but there’s happiness recounted at the end of every day. For they enjoy the slumber more than the shiny mornings. Can you blame them for it? Well, it is important to feel alive, to feel the blood rush through your veins and to be able to hear your soul speak. Not that they are words of wisdom that you would want to listen to, but they are words that matter the most.

The nights make it count, each day, every day. Keeping it real, unfiltered, and purposeful without an agenda.


To the nights that make it count, for us to begin again and wake up to celebrate the celebrated shiny mornings.

© 2020 Vidyashree


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm a night lover also that's why I call myself the night owl haha. But you sir are a fine wordsmith loved the line "Well, it is important to feel alive, to feel the blood rush through your veins and to be able to hear your soul speak." I got the feeling of zen relates to the very nature of it all, how one's soul to be deeply illuminated in darkness and make it into beauty but seeing the beauty and most importantly not letting pain and long sessions of dank submissions. Allen Ginsberg said once " Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness. Sincerely your friend in writing and life. :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vidyashree

3 Years Ago

Thank you sir for your kind words. Although, the gender noted in your review is a miss.



Reviews

I'm a night lover also that's why I call myself the night owl haha. But you sir are a fine wordsmith loved the line "Well, it is important to feel alive, to feel the blood rush through your veins and to be able to hear your soul speak." I got the feeling of zen relates to the very nature of it all, how one's soul to be deeply illuminated in darkness and make it into beauty but seeing the beauty and most importantly not letting pain and long sessions of dank submissions. Allen Ginsberg said once " Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness. Sincerely your friend in writing and life. :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vidyashree

3 Years Ago

Thank you sir for your kind words. Although, the gender noted in your review is a miss.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 1, 2020
Last Updated on November 1, 2020
Tags: nights, comfort, pain, bliss, day, makingitcount