The Sandwich

The Sandwich

A Story by VieledEchelon
"

What this is is for you to determine, but it's basically food porn.

"

The Sandwich

Dedicated to: Alex Hatley

 

The recently bought sandwich weighed heavily upon the mind of he that purchased it until finally the wait was over. The time had come. Gently unwrapping the sandwich he was immediately taken aback by the breathtaking allure of the thickly golden wrapped array of delicately cut and crafted meats and vegetables having appeared to be gifted from the heavens themselves and placed upon the crisp, slightly toasted bun for which to partake. Nothing was left to the imagination. Eventually giving into temptation, he gently grasped it, nearly caressing it’s warm body as he lifted it to his mouth. It's very smell alluring the man’s senses. He couldn’t pull away now. It was too late and he didn’t dare to. Biting into the mass of the near perfected collection of art for which this delicacy was composed, his senses were immediately assaulted by an unrelenting cascade of flavor. Quickly overwhelming him, there was ought to do but be drawn in by it’s call, the torrent of euphoria for which he partook was relentless. The rainbow of assorted meats, vegetables and cheeses all became one, the very clouds parted shining brightly upon this mere man in the moment light shining brightly upon his fate. The toppings and seasoning had merged into an insurmountable force that could not be contained. His very body aroused by its taste, the texture dancing upon his tongue and lips. It was the very pinnacle for which all men seek, screw excalibur, world domination, becoming a god. This was it. This sandwich had brought to him everything he had sought. It became the very image of love, encompassing his very world, it was his ambition, his pride his joy and sorrow. It warmed his body soothing his very soul. There was none other than it. As he dropped to his knees before the endless horizon having experienced such a state of bliss as to only reflect upon the very fabric of the universe. Eyes closed, the wind kissed his face, the sun wrapping him in its gaze. He opened his eyes to look upon the creation for which he had been blessed, only to see the wind carrying it way to be lost forever.

 

© 2017 VieledEchelon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on July 3, 2017
Last Updated on July 3, 2017
Tags: Sorrow, food, loss, joy, god, fate, sandwich

Author