The 3-Seater

The 3-Seater

A Story by Vin
"

Feel the journey on a rainy chilled night with all the favorite things.

"
"Excuse Me, I booked Seat No 1."

The girl looked at him. 'Oh, he looks good. One with a bright face,may be in mid 20's- I don't mind 
giving the window seat away.' She moved and let him in. So she was in the middle of the 3 seater. 

The bus was crowded. Initially he was not sure about going in a 3 seater. But he chose the only available one.
Now, he was glad about the choice. He looked at the girl. One wearing a full sleeve top with shawl, wearing specs.
She was lean and had a serious face. He noticed the pendant with a cross on it. She removed the headphones after he sat. And he was happy about that.

'Nowadays clean shaven guys are so rare.' She thought. He has a happy face, kind of smiling, wearing a black half sleeve tee and a Nike jogger. He is not so thin or fat, kind of an ideal body. She looked on his face again, he took a sip from his water bottle.'Oh he is drinking like a toddler.'

The bus started. She prayed for a second and put cross while doing so. He looked at her. They smiled. 'She is innocent.' And he was glad about that first rapport. But still they were not talking. She took the phone, started watching some movie. And he gazed out of the window. He was staring at the full moon, not knowing why.

It started raining. She was asleep putting head onto his shoulder. He looked around, the entire bus was sleeping. He smiled, put the headphones in and closed his eyes.

It was raining heavily. She opened her eyes. Her head was resting on his shoulder and his head above hers. Her hand was on his thighs. 'Sleep does wonders!!'
She was feeling cold.' He is the only one who haven't closed the window. 'Doesn't he feel the chill? ' She wanted to close the window, but without waking him up. She tried to reach the window, it was hard. Suddenly the driver pressed the brakes.
He opened his eyes, finding her face close to his.  

"Oh Sorry, I was trying to close the window"- She was feeling guilty and cursing the driver.
"Let me do that." He closed the window and sat straight. "You should have woke me up."

"Don't you feel cold" She asked with wonder.
He smiled. " Not usually. And by the way, feeling cold is better than the suffocation right? See, every other window's closed."
He took out his sleek cap- "you can use this if you want"
"No thanks, she smiled again.' Now it's fine.
"Aryan." He introduced and stretched his hand forward.
"Aleena" She shook it mildly. 'His hands were cold.' 
They sat straight, this time a little closer. She pulled up her sleeves. She was feeling the cold of his arms.

He placed his leg close to hers. The seat was a little congested and he was happy about that. 

She took out two chewing gums and gave one to him. He said " Thanks. But mind you, this will take away your sleep."
"I don't mind, as long as I've got company." She was really in a mood to talk.

"What movie you were watching?" He asked.
"Some stupid one. My friend gave me. I cannot be entertained just by looking at the moon for hours." She literally started poking.

"oh, someone is paying close attention- I'm glad " He was also not giving up.

She placed one hand on his thighs, this time on purpose " This doesn't usually happen. Normally it will be some ladies who will be sitting with me. This time it got different. so..."
He looked at her hand, placed his on top and said " Well, same's the case here. Glad this happened." He gave one of his earphones to her and played his favorite playlist.
                                               *****************************************

He opened his eyes. Her head was resting on his shoulder and his head on hers. Her left hands were around his waist. His left hands on her thighs.  He touched her right hand. She opened her eyes slowly. But this time they didn't sit straight. The positions were alright. She smiled and clasped his hand " I slept well!".

"So did I" He said. He looked through the front window. 'Oh! S**t!' He could see his destination stop in front. He looked at the watch- it was time.
He looked at her " I'm sorry, my stop arrived. I'm getting down"
She looked at him with dismay, not saying anything.

They didn't have time to talk. He slowly removed her hands and took his bag.

"I guess that's it!" He said and started to get up.

She touched his cheek and gave a peck on his lips. "Bye"

He looked at her. "B...ye". 

They smiled.

The bus stopped and he got up.




LOVE................

 

© 2019 Vin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I see how people can not like very much the ending of this short story. But that's what makes it all different and beautiful. This story gives a feeling that it's not necessary to haste for love. Sometimes letting go is important. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing Vin

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vin

4 Years Ago

Yeah and this is how real life stories are, beautiful than made up one's.
Only thing is that .. read more



Reviews

a sweet short story on a short-term love. would love to wonder if they ever meet again.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I liked the heart contained in the story ...today's realities often mask the display of caring or interest or even simple courtesies.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I love your storytelling becuz of the way you do not use any stereotypes about "girl-meets-boy" & all your vivid details are fresh, like I've never seen two people hook up in these exact ways. I love how you are so realistic about how people meet & slowly become acquainted, with a few bumps & some tension along the way, not all roses & rainbows. This is gritty real, but also tender sweet. Amazing combination. I love your ending, it came about in a well-timed, believable way, leaving the reader to think about how many times in life we may brush someone of significance, but we'll never know if we see this person again? (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 4 Years Ago


A chance meeting, a journey of two strangers having mild love connection. Love how you delve into their thoughts and emotions. An expected arrival with unexpected ending. Keep up Vin.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I wasn't expecting that ending. I was into the story and then came the surprise. I enjoyed the read vin. Reminded me of encounters with people over the years while travelling. Conversations on journeys to pass the time. All good wishes.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Li
Noooo...what an ending, I loved it though..it's real!! I enjoyed it 100%!!

Posted 4 Years Ago


It's interesting how traveling with strangers brings us close to one another. Something similar happened to me on a cross Atlantic flight.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vin

4 Years Ago

Hey you can share the story!
Lea Sheryn

4 Years Ago

Sure!


I sat next to a business man on a British Airways flight from the UK... read more
I love the inner dialogue. Spontaneous thoughts that neither will admit to. Shy attraction. Too bad they didn't have more time to get to know each other.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vin

4 Years Ago

That was their time. It ended at right time- neither short or long!
We can see it that way as.. read more
My Mom would've called that 'puppy love'. All the signs of attraction are there, but time interferes with the chance for growth. There's not enough time to make a stable connection, only tidbits of information get exchanged. Maybe enough to keep their hearts in search of each other.

I enjoyed reading this. I could see it happening. I felt the damp chill from the open window and how it made his hand and arm feel cool. Good job!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vin

4 Years Ago

Awe, you felt the story all over! Tht's wonderful.
Waiting for more conversations with u.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DAH
There's nothing like a fine story's ending that keeps its readers wondering ...

This is one of those stories.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vin

4 Years Ago

Thank u so much!
DAH

4 Years Ago

My pleasure!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2019
Last Updated on September 14, 2019
Tags: Love, Journey, Road Trip, Romance, Conversations

Author

Vin
Vin

About
A boy who got curious of almost everything. He is on a journey to explore and experience Life as it is. Join him for sublime conversation. more..

Writing
CONTEST ALERT CONTEST ALERT

A Story by Vin



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..