Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by VincentRayne
"

Yuki stood there for a moment, staring at Cassandra. If this girl is really what she says she is, she could be the one to give Yu a fighting chance.

"
The next day, Yuki woke up to find Yu gone. His bed had already been neatly arranged. Wondering about his location, she had searched the whole village and asked almost everyone, before a boy pointed out to her that someone resembling Yu had gone off to the area near the Iga Mountains.

At once, she recalled that Yu underwent a stint with a ninja clan there during their days at the School of The Phoenix. It had been Masamoto’s idea to do so, as he felt that to know your enemy, you must become your enemy. He didn't tell her of the secret until the dying stages of the war involving the Onikaru seven years ago.

The injuries Yu had sustained, other than physical wounds, were fractures to his right arm. Still, Yuki couldn't help but worry for him. Why would he head off there when the best option was to recuperate back at home? And his katana, Phoenix, had been destroyed in the Ergon-Human Battle. Though they were trained in taijutsu, she doubted Yu’s abilities to fend off any enemies now, after she witnessed Trent pummel Yu without much effort.

Though she did not know the layout of the Iga Mountains, Yuki decided to head out and look for him, whatever the reason, when she spotted a girl running up the road towards her. The girl didn't look native to the area either and Yuki thought she was with Trent, especially, if this girl was seeking Yuki now. 

Shooting her a fierce stare, Yuki tried to ignore her, when the girl called out.


“Please wait, listen to me!” she pleaded, panting from the exertion.

“I've got no business with you, especially after what your friend did to my husband.” Yuki replied coldly. 


“I know… but I’d like to apologize for his brutality personally. Neither of you deserved this. He never fought someone without some really good reason. I'm his apprentice, Cassandra. Once again, I'd like to apologize on his behalf.” Cassandra said, bowing to Yuki to express her remorse.

“A simple sorry won’t help. Yu’s now gone off somewhere, and I need to look for him. The best thing you and your partner can do for me now is to get the hell out of this village.”

“I’m sincere in making up for this. In fact I'll help you. I was there when the war in against Ergon happened so I can understand where Yu is coming from.” Cassandra said.

Yuki stood there for a moment, staring at Cassandra. If this girl is really what she says she is, she could be the one to give Yu a fighting chance. And she had apologized for what Trent had done.

This could be a gamble…one worth taking?

Fishing out a pendant, she beckoned Cassandra over. Opening the cover, it revealed a metal fragment lying inside.

“This..is a fragment of Yu’s sword, Phoenix, forged by Shizu but destroyed due to certain reasons. Can you restore the blade to what it was?” Yuki asked.

Cassandra took the fragment and looked it over closely. “I can see it--the blade I mean. In my mind's eye. I never thought--Wait, this village does have a forge, right?" Cassandra waved a hand before Yuki could answer. "It doesn't matter. I don't really need one anyway.”

“Um, there’s one, though it has not been in use for a while now.”

“That'll suffice.” Cassandra said, clenching the fragment in her hand. Suddenly Yuki cupped her hands around Cassandra's. 

“Don’t screw this up.” She said, gazing into Cassandra's eyes and slowly nodded.


© 2014 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on July 27, 2014
Last Updated on July 27, 2014


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne