Chpt. 4

Chpt. 4

A Chapter by VincentRayne

“So do you?” Kayla asked after she buried the crow underneath the bush. “Are you one of those popular girls?”

“No. Why don’t you have any friends?” Kayla remained silent for a moment.

“Mother won’t let me.”

“And why is that?” Kayla shrugged. Sabrina glanced at her watch.

“Oh! Sorry, Kayla, I need meet up with my friend from yesterday at home.”

“But you’re my friend!” Sabrina jumped at Kayla’s sudden outburst.

“I don’t belong to any one person. And you don’t either. I’ll see you later.” Sabrina walked at a brisk pace out of the forest. When she got to the train station her mother was already waiting for her.

“Sabrina, I take it you haven’t seen Salem?”

“What? Are you telling me Salem is here?”

“Well, she called wanting to come over to the house but I told her that we were out. She said that she was already on the train and that she would meet us on the way back. But I haven’t seen her here yet.”

“Maybe she hasn’t gotten here yet or she might have been called home.” Sabrina’s mother pulled out her cell phone from her purse.

“That’s possible but do you think she would have called?” Sabrina shrugged. “Well, I don’t have time to waste. I still have to cook dinner tonight.” Sabrina’s mother dialed Salem’s cell phone number and after a few seconds flipped the phone close. “She’s not picking up.”

The dark of the night had already settled in and the lights around the station started to flicker to life. The eight o’clock train rolled up and Sabrina and her mother walked on board. Sabrina couldn’t help but think about Kayla and the way she acted earlier. The girl obviously didn’t stay around people a lot. Sabrina noticed that no one was on the train and started to walk to the other trolley.

“Sabrina, where are you headed off to?”

“I’m going to check out the other cart, Mom.” Her mother sighed.

“Just try not to get lost, okay?” Sabrina rolled her eyes and opened the doors to get to the next cart. Sabrina heard a recorded voice say the next destination the train was arriving to as it slowed down to a stop. It wasn’t the stop Sabrina and her mother had to get at. The still had another forty-five minutes until their destination. A person stepped onto the train and Sabrina noticed the person to be Salem.

“Salem, where were you? Me and�"” Sabrina stopped when she saw the look of pure terror on Salem’s face. “Salem, what happened?” It was then that Sabrina noticed the blood stains on Salem’s yellow t-shirt.

“They were killed!” Salem said in a shaky voice.

“Who? Who was killed?”

“A lot of people.” Sabrina grasped Salem by the shoulders.

“Were you hurt? Who did this?” Salem swallowed hard.

“A girl.” Sabrina thought of Kayla killing someone. No, that’s crazy. Even if she is a little different she wouldn’t kill. Sabrina thought to herself.

“Salem, are you sure? Or is this another one of your ‘a million pranks?’” Salem looked at Sabrina with a surprised look.

“I’m not joking, Sabrina! She kills without hesitating�"without even touching most people!” A passenger that must have been sitting off in the far corner got up.

“Okay, now I know this is one of your stupid jokes.” Sabrina said irritated. Then she saw the person that had gotten up. “Hi, Kayla. What are you doing here?” Salem turned around and gasped.

“It’s her!” Sabrina’s face flushed red.

“What are you talking about?” Salem pointed a finger at Kayla.

“She’s the killer!” Kayla held her usual look of confusion. Sabrina turned Salem around to face her.

“Stop it! Your jokes are getting worse and worse and this prank is the lowest of them all! I won’t put up with it anymore. I can’t trust you anymore.”

“Please, Sabrina!” Tears were started to slide down Salem’s cheek.

“Liar…” A voice behind Salem was heard and suddenly she was severed in half, at the waist. Salem’s upper body hit the floor and soon her lower half dropped as well. Most of the blood had gotten on Sabrina’s shirt as she stood in horrified silence looking at her dead friend. Her head then turn to Kayla and she started stepping back as Kayla stepped forward. The doors behind Sabrina opened.

“Sabrina, what"” Her mother started and then saw Salem’s severed body. Before she could let out a scream her jaw was suddenly ripped out and her body was thrown, by an unseen force, out of the train window.

“Mom!” Sabrina turned to Kayla hatred brewing inside her.

“Why! Why did you have to kill them?” Kayla held Sabrina’s stare with her own icy, murderous glare.

“If you weren’t my friend I would have killed you too.”

“So you really did kill all of those people from before! Salem was telling the truth. And I didn’t believe her.”

“You can believe what you want. If you want to deem I killed those people then go on ahead and believe that.” The lights dimmed and went out for a brief second. The train went through a tunnel and when it came back out there was no sign of Kayla.



© 2010 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The action in this seems a bit rushed. Try and put some more descriptions in between the dialogue to give it all a sense of proportion. I don't quite understand what was going on here, even though it had a nice horror-esque feel, but I'm guessing you'll explain in later chapters.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is getting really creepy. And the possessive way Kayla deals with Sabrina annoys me,,, which is good! you did a wonderful job personifying the character!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The action in this seems a bit rushed. Try and put some more descriptions in between the dialogue to give it all a sense of proportion. I don't quite understand what was going on here, even though it had a nice horror-esque feel, but I'm guessing you'll explain in later chapters.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I need help as to what to do next. If I could get any suggestions that would be awesome!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2010
Last Updated on October 11, 2010


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chpt. 2 Chpt. 2

A Chapter by VincentRayne