Chpt. 5

Chpt. 5

A Chapter by VincentRayne

Luke had fallen asleep in a small room with a project on top of a lone table. He was watching the tape he had gotten earlier. He couldn’t find the spot where he thought he saw the girl. Many times he would rewind the tape and every time the lights would blank out around the time that the girl was supposed to appear. It was already late and Luke fell asleep at the monitor. Luke stirred when he heard a noise of a switch being flipped. His eyes groggily opened and noticed that the room’s source of light had been turned off. It was then that he realized the projector was on before he fell asleep. He saw something move in the corner of his eye and jumped reaching for a gun that wasn’t on him. He had left it in the locker room"stupid mistake on his part.

“Hey, calm down.” The voice belonged to Madeline.

“Jesus, don’t do that. You scared me big time.”

“Sorry.” Luke let out a breath. “I wanted to ask you something.”

“What is it?” Luke said noting the tone of Madeline’s voice. She seemed dead serious about whatever was on her mind. He felt a hand on his shoulder and he jumped again.

“Calm down and sit, please.” Madeline eased him into a chair.

“Can we turn on a light, please? It’s kind of hard to maneuver in this room without me seeing.”

“Sure, turn the projector on. I saw you were asleep so I turned it off hoping not to wake you.”

“That’s okay. Just try making more noise when you do it. By the way what was your question?” Luke thought he heard Madeline chuckle. It wasn’t long before she put her arms over Luke’s shoulders from behind him. She then started humming a tune that Luke thought was familiar.

“Do you think you are still sane?” Luke couldn’t help but scoff.

“Maybe. I think I am"” The sound of his cell phone cut him off. He took it out and saw that it was an unknown name and number. He got up from his seat, flipping open his cell phone to take the call, while heading for the door. The hall lights were dim and some were flickering.

That’s strange. I thought that this was a new area for this building. Maintenance must not get paid too much. Luke thought and held the phone to his ear.

“Hello?” The voice that answered made Luke’s heart practically stop.

“Luke, this is Madeline. I need to know if you came up with any leads on your end.” Luke slowly turned around to see the person he thought was Madeline in the first place. The person was still there but they were sitting in the chair watching the tape. He could only see the back of their head but saw that the individual had long black hair and her height didn’t seem to be the same as Madeline’s. “Luke? Hello?” Madeline’s voice fell on deaf ears as Luke seemed horror stricken.

 

 

“Luke? Answer me.” Madeline said raising her voice.

“Is there a problem?” A coworker asked as he was passing by.

“I don’t know. Maybe the line went"” Suddenly, a scream was heard on the phone and Madeline instantly bolted from her seat.

“Where’s Luke at right now?” Madeline quickly asked the man.

“He said he was going to one of the projection rooms to view something he found.”

“Where is it?” Madeline screamed.

“Come, follow me.” The two sprinted towards the door that led out of the office area. “Call this in to Chief McSaph! This might be serious.” The coworker yelled to another member as he and Madeline rushed out. It only took a couple of seconds to reach the hallway that held the viewing rooms. Madeline screamed when she saw the blood splattered walls and the trail that led into one of the rooms.

“Oh, God.” Madeline could feel her tears start to swell up in her eyes. “No, no, no. Please.” The woman shrank down clutching her head with her face buried into her knees. The other officer stepped past her and approached the room. A waft of a grotesque smell came over him and he instantly cupped his hand over his nose and mouth. When he saw the inside of the room the man’s eyes grew wide. The room was a bloodbath. Three walls were covered with blood. He pulled a flashlight from his duty belt and shined the light around the room.

“What in Christ’s name happened?” He noticed something on the floor and could nearly keep from barfing at the sight of the body. The body looked as if it was skinned; a large pull of blood surrounded it. He quickly flashed his light around the rest of the room and something on the far wall caught his eye. There was something written on it. “What the hell?” The wall had a single phrase smeared by what the officer thought was the man’s blood.

 

PULLING WINGS OFF THE HORNETS.


© 2010 VincentRayne


Author's Note

VincentRayne
If there is any suggestion that would make this chapter better don't hesitate to tell, please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

In my opinion, this chapter is perfect! Did Kayla get the power to appear as somebody else? Very interesting!

Just one thing, perhaps it is a typo error: in the last paragraph, does the "large pull" actually mean "large pool"?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 18, 2010
Last Updated on August 20, 2010


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne