The Best Kind of Blasphemy

The Best Kind of Blasphemy

A Poem by Vin

 

 

Lover, you appear when I put my headphones on-

kiss my skin with exquisite, seductive notes.

Caress the scars with cool melodic antidotes,

sing me lullabies amongst the screaming, discordant chaos.

Po ri mi, you reign over me,

a gifted Prince Charming conducting one blissful symphony of my life.

With piano palms you bless me,

turn my vapid, watery bloodstream into rushing wine;

I am a sensual river responding to every twine in sound, floating.

Spellbound by your work of miracles,

in the darkness and silence, golden chords glow, light my own mystical way to heaven.

Fa so la ti, good Sir Musicman, you're my king.

I soak in acoustic glory and disregarded accusations of blasphemy,

as a new age dissenter who does not pray but sings.

These humble headphones may be no rosary beads,

but the shake with the spirits of the muses here on Earth; they shake me to dance.

I'll start a rythmic religion without a church -

just open your windows, play that tempo therapy, and clap your hands -

cross your heart with the unbridled passion a monastery hushes,

and rather meet death before our saving music steps.

A crescendo's coming on, I feel it in my bones which self-resurrect from the dirt.

With the help of a melody so beautiful it hurts, too stunning to describe -

I'm finally alive -

with my first true trinity;

just me, you, and the music,

completes a delightful, finger snapping three.

© 2012 Vin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very nicely written. I adore the musical aspects in this and I have to admit that the title really attracted me. The play on religion is nicely worked in as well, with the wine, blasphemy, rosary beads, church and resurrection (there's really too many to name which is awesome!), and especially with the holy trinity. I'm not a religious person but I like how you transformed all of that into a more realistic feeling with music and love. Really well done.

I really loved these three lines: "kiss my skin with exquisite, seductive note / Caress the scars with cool melodic antidotes, / sing me lullabies amongst the screaming, discordant chaos." And the rhyme pattern within the line: "Po ri mi, you reign over me," it's sounds so musical as it rolls off the tongue. Nicely written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wonderful writing, yet again, with such imagery. You write so... elegantly, and it really showed throughout this piece. I loved reading this, truly enjoyable ^^

~N~

Posted 13 Years Ago


My heart feels delightful after reading this wonderful write of yours - your passion :) the best kind of blasphemy indeed!


Posted 13 Years Ago


I love that this has to do with music, although not as much as the sheer cleverness. (:
You have really great pieces, and I enjoyed this one immensely.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I am not sure what this means Po ri mi
But this is a powerful write here.
I like this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Music and love, powerful combination! lol Awesome poem!xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nicely written. I adore the musical aspects in this and I have to admit that the title really attracted me. The play on religion is nicely worked in as well, with the wine, blasphemy, rosary beads, church and resurrection (there's really too many to name which is awesome!), and especially with the holy trinity. I'm not a religious person but I like how you transformed all of that into a more realistic feeling with music and love. Really well done.

I really loved these three lines: "kiss my skin with exquisite, seductive note / Caress the scars with cool melodic antidotes, / sing me lullabies amongst the screaming, discordant chaos." And the rhyme pattern within the line: "Po ri mi, you reign over me," it's sounds so musical as it rolls off the tongue. Nicely written.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 24, 2010
Last Updated on February 22, 2012
Tags: music, blasphemy, religion

Author

Vin
Vin

United Kingdom



About
I love Music, Photography, Literature and Art although maybe not in that order :S I love to laugh, I think it's the best thing we can do as people and I reckon no one does it enough. It is probably.. more..

Writing
Why? Why?

A Poem by Vin


Innocence Innocence

A Poem by Vin


Friendship Lost Friendship Lost

A Poem by Vin



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


No Time No Time

A Poem by A.Lee


Blackbird Blackbird

A Poem by Sara