Stars

Stars

A Poem by Dewella~Vintella

I dream of stars I have never seen, a crescent moon sly and keen. I talk to the shadows of strangers known. All the while I lay in a bed of bone. A fleeting moment I crossed its path, the shadow smiled and the stars would laugh. The crescent moon grew full and coy, and the stars shone with light that could destroy. My heart was light and the bones broke away, a sea of clouds now where I lay.

I hung there in my bed anew, with the moon the stars and the shadow too. But with the joy will come the pain, and through the dark the sun shone again. First went the moon and its smile faded. The stars went next their laughter now jaded. I waited but the shadow stayed, the bones returned but now decayed. Silence grew where laughter once filled and I stared at the shadow the light had now killed.

I dreamt of stars I had never seen, a blue ocean of something serene. I missed the moon and its smile so often, as I stared at the shadow as it lay in its coffin. With the light came truth and bare to it I lay, joy and passion began to fray.

When darkness returned I dare not look, remembered the pain the sunshine took. So I closed my eyes and lay upon bone, and dreamt of stars I never had known.

© 2015 Dewella~Vintella


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like readin' such stuffs that deliver something real what ev'n the whole world is passing through.

'.. talk to the shadows of strangers known...'
'... the shadow smiled and the stars would laugh.. '

these above lines were/are deep - wholehearted & extraordinary.


Posted 3 Years Ago


Very dynamic..invigorating..creatively written!!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


You haven't lost your touch.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
4 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 16, 2015
Last Updated on July 16, 2015

Author

Dewella~Vintella
Dewella~Vintella

Gillette, WY



About
As time has changed, so have I. For a long time I thought I knew who I was and where I belonged, and for a long time I constructed myself to fit inside that mold; But it seems that much like the w.. more..

Writing
Landon Landon

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella


Dante Dante

A Chapter by Dewella~Vintella